White Wines 175ml 250ml Bottle
Dry, delicate white wines
01. Maison des Pourthie Terret £4.00 £5.30 £15.50
Lively refreshing clean dry white wine with an elegant
fruity nose. Consistently good.
France - 12.5%abv
02. Sancerre Domain Daulny Sauvignon Blanc £16.50 £29.50
This Sancerre is dry and fresh with the aroma of
gooseberries, good acidity and a slight flinty edge
03. Chablis Manants Brocard Chardonnay £15.50 £28.50
Chablis showing the steely character of Northern Burgundy’s
distinctive style. This wine sees no oak, the purity of the fruit
is left to express its true, fresh and invigorating character.
04. Paparuda Pinot Grigio £4.25 £5.65 £16.50
Lovely, opulent aromas of grapefruit and peach follow
through to a lithe body, with loads of fruit as well as
abundant melon and apple character and citrusy acidity.
Romanian - 12.0%abv
05. Alba Vega Albarino £22.95
With intense aromas of stone fruit and white flowers,
this classic Galician white is silky-smooth with great
palate weight. Elegant and balanced, it is perfect with
fish and seafood dishes.
Juicy, fruit filled & ripe white wines
06. Simon Hackett Chardonnay £24.50
The bouquet is rich with aromas of tropical fruit notes.
The subtle oak treatment of the Chardonnay enhances
the flavour which is full bodied with a pleasant dry finish.
07. Pato Torrente Chardonnay £4.25 £5.65 £16.50
There is a mouth-watering combination of ripe, lemony citrus
fruit and balancing acidity in this typically well made white.
Chile - 12.5%abv
08. Osprey’s Landing Sauvignon Blanc £4.75 £6.35 £18.50
A luscious Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc with hints of
passion fruit and a distinctive herbaceous aroma. The palate
is filled with tropical fruit flavours and a zingy acidity.
New Zealand - 12.0%abv
09. Lake Chalice Sauvignon Blanc £25.50
A crisp, medium bodied, dry wine bursting with classical
varietal flavours of passion-fruit and gooseberry.
A beautiful example of a New Zealand Sauvignon Blanc.
White Wines 175ml 250ml Bottle
Aromatic & rich white wines
10. Domaine du Bosc Viognier £18.50
As good as only a true French Viognier can be: full-bodied,
fragrant and rich with a flash of apricot, orange blossom
and peach on the nose and a good weighty finish.
11. Moselland Kabinett Riesling £16.50
Delicate, floral, well-made Kabinett with peach, apple
and pear fruit flavours and well balanced, refreshing acidity.
12. Bon Courage Gewurztraminer £19.50
Rich fruit flavours, lychees, limes and spices blend to give
a lovely complex wine for those looking for something
refreshing but not dry.
Rosé Wines 175ml 250ml Bottle
Rose wine selection
13. Tracker Jack Zinfandel Blush £4.25 £5.65 £16.50
A soft, fruity wine bursting with succulent strawberry
and rich cream flavours – serve well chilled and enjoy
by itself or with food.
USA - 10.5%abv
14. Santa Digna Rosé Cab Sauvignon £19.50
Rich cherry in colour, perfumed notes of strawberry and
plum dominate on the nose, with hints of grapefruit.
The palate is full-bodied and shows fine acidity, with
a smooth, elegant finish. Fair Trade.
13. Flavorelli Pinot Grigio £4.25 £5.65 £16.50
A crisp, refreshing style of rosé wine. Light and soft
on the palate, easy drinking and bursting with
summer berry flavours.
Italy - 12.0%abv
Red Wines 175ml 250ml Bottle
Lighter bodied red wines
16. Beaujolais-Villages Albert Bichot Gamay £11.75 £20.95
Light and fragrant, beautifully packed with vibrant
juicy fruit flavours.
17. Chianti Classico Lucas Botter Sangiovese £24.50
Scents of aromatic herbs, blackberries and oak, depth and
concentration on the palate with a long elegant finish.
18. Paparuda Pinot Noir £4.25 £5.65 £16.50
This extremely drinkable, light-bodied Pinot has bags of
red berry fruits on the palate and a hint of oak on the finish.
Romania - 12.5%abv
Medium bodied & juicy red wines
19. La Lejania Cab Sauvignon £16.50
Soft and round with smokey blackcurrants.
Chile - 13.0%abv
20. La Lejania Merlot £4.25 £5.65 £16.50
A medium bodied inky purple wine with hints of
cherries coffee and caramel.
Chile - 13.0%abv
21. Chateau Jean Voisin Grand Cru Merlot, Cab Franc £31.50
Made using a blend of traditional and modern wine
techniques, this elegant wine offers intense aromas of
blackberry and roasted plums with a long oak finish.
22. Rioja Arjona Tempranillo £4.75 £635 £18.50
A stylish Rioja, young and fruity, great with our
Cumbrian lamb dishes.
Spain - 13.5%abv
Spicy, peppery, fuller bodied red wines
23. Oltre Passo Primitivo £4.75 £635 £18.50
Velvety-smooth and wonderfully dense, this rich Italian classic
has a nose of roasted plum, spice and figs.
24. Gouguenheim Malbec £21.50
Bright dark red colour. Rich and strong aromas of plums,
black cherry and liquorice.Juicy, fruit-driven wine.
25. Sunnycliff Shiraz £19.50
Deep purple in colour, you would be hard pressed to find
a more Australian wine! Full-bodied and fruit-driven.
Red Wines 175ml 250ml Bottle
Spicy, peppery, fuller bodied red wines (continued)
26. Simon Hackett Shiraz £26.50
This is a classic red wine which displays spicy, peppery
aromas coupled with a luscious sweet berry palate.
Matured in American oak, it gives a firm tannin finish.
27. Cousiño-Macul Antiguas Reservas Cabernet Sauvignon £24.50
Blackcurrants and berries, spice, oak and a smooth finish.
28. Chateau St Gemme Haut Medoc Cab Sauv, Merlot, Cab Franc £29.50
Expressive and fresh, this wine features fruity, compote aromas
and a silky smooth feel on the palate from the well-rounded tannins.
29. Bon Courage Cabernet Sauvignon/Shiraz £22.50
Deep pink-hued red, creamy rich nutty aromas with loads of fruit
on the palate, soft tannins and clean oak make this a big round wine.
30. Rioja Vega Reserva Tempranillo & Graciano £28.00
Beautiful soft wine with a lovely bouquet and dry
jammy flavours softened by age.
31. Chateau Pauillac Batailley Grand Cru Classé - 2007 £58.95
Cab Sauv, Merlot, Cab Franc
Seriously good wine, full and rich with ripe fruit, cassis, tobacco
and vanilla flavours.
32. Chateau Mongravey Margaux Cabernet Sauv, Merlot - 2009 £41.95
This wine is an excellent example of wine produced in Margaux.
It is soft, supple and fruity with lovely tannins fading gently to
give a slightly oaky lingering finish.
33. Chateau Vieux Fortin Saint Emilion Grand Cru - 1999 £52.00
Merlot, Cab Franc, Cab Sauv
This wine has a big black fruit nose. Huge concentrated flavours,
great length and perfect balance. A deep and complex wine.
34. Beaune 1er Cru Albert Bichot Pinot Noir - 2009/11 £41.50
This well-balanced wine is fleshy and round with a good tannic
backbone. It has delicate flavours of sweet spices and red fruit.
35. Chateauneuf-du Pape Vieux Telegramme - 2011 £39.50
Syrah Grenache Mouvedre
A very elegant wine from the Rhone, big and fruity yet
soft and well balanced.
Sparkling & Champagne 1/2 Btl Bottle
36. Veneto Botter Prosecco £23.50
An attractive citrus nose, leading onto a crisp, fruity palate
with hints of pear and apple. An excellent aperitif.
36a. Tiamo Prosecco 200ml single serve £5.95
Clean and fruity on the nose, this lively, fully sparkling wine is
full of citrus and stone fruit on the palate, making it perfect for
an apéritif or any occasion.
37. Veneto Botter Raboso £23.50
Pink Prosecco! A glass full of fine strawberry
flavours with excellent length.
38. J.P. Marniquet Carte D’Or £22.00 £35.50
A classic, elegant Champagne; delicate, dry with a crisp flavour
and a fresh lemony aroma, hand-made by artisan Champagne
grower Jean Pierre Marniquet in the ancient village of
Venteuil, near Epernay.
39. Piper Heidsieck £45.00
Shows notes of hawthorn blossom, summer apple and pear;
a regular gold medal winning ‘cuvée’, made with mainly
Pinot noir and also Pinot Meunier – stylish and full-bodied.
40. Lanson Gold Gold Label - 2002 £75.00
Made from a blend of Pinot Noir and Chardonnay grapes
hand-picked from Grand Cru vineyards, this elegant
Champagne has glorious aromas of spiced pineapple,
peach and baked apple. It tastes fuller and richer than a
non vintage with a lovely honeyed aftertaste.
41. Laurent Perrier Brut Millesime - 1996/7 £95.00
This vintage Champagne is beautifully balanced and
integrated with elegant fruit flavours. Perfect for that
very special occasion.
Dessert Wine 50ml 100ml Bottle
Selection of Wines and Ports suited to dessert
42. Principe de Viana Chardonnay £2.50 £4.25 £19.50
A golden-yellow sweet wine with complex notes of
figs, peaches and papayas.
Spain (50cl) - 13.0%abv
43. Sauternes Petit Guiraud Semillon Sauvignon £2.50 £4.25 £14.50
Perfectly balanced, resulting in an extremely refined
sweetness, is given extra freshness by a high proportion
of Sauvignon Blanc. A beautiful dessert wine.
France (37.5cl) - 13.5%abv
44. Miguel Torres Late Harvest Riesling £18.50
An old gold colour with elegant varied flavours.
45. Rutherglen Muscat £17.50
A luscious fortified wine enjoy with rich chocolaty
puddings or cheese.
46. Cockburns Port - Portugal £25.00
47. Grahams/Taylors Late Bottled Vintage Port - Portugal £29.50
48. Warres Vintage Port 1985 (last few bottles!) £75.00
Port Brandy & Liqueurs
If you can’t see your tipple please ask as we may have it anyway!
We also have a large selection ( over 175 ) of Malt Whiskies, so many in fact they have their own list please ask to see the menu.
Liqueur Coffee ( please specify the liqueur of your choice ) £4.80
Cafetiere of Coffee £2.50
Double Espresso £2.75