EPICS V4 Telecon 16-Aug-2016

Earlier                                                                                Later

Agenda

  1. Progress on AIs
  2. Status
  3. SNS Meeting
  4. AOB

Minutes

Chair: AJ

Present: AJ, MK, RL, KK, DH

Minutes: AJ

1. Table of AIs

No

Action

Assignee

Target Date

Status

2

See who can fund dbGroup/Qsrv going on

GW

assigned

6

Update your module to include copy of that one LICENSE. Update your headers to contain the header text.

31-Jul-2016

assigned

6b

Update your headers to contain the header text.

ALL MODULE OWNERS

assigned

10

Simplify Literature page and home page to help users find novice oriented documentation.

GW

assigned

16

Commit changes to all C++ modules, other than exampleCPP and pvDatabaseCPP, which set the shared library versions

MD

completed

(RL verified)

17

Monitor changes pull request (move Monitor API from pvData to pvAccess; AI from meeting 15-Mar-2016, http://tinyurl.com/zqa3qyp

MD

5-Apr-2016

assigned

RL: Completed #16 for all C++ modules, made minor changes on the master branches to match.

2. Status

MK: To RL: Will the Java bundle be including the script(s) in the tarfile.

RL: Yes, recent vacation prevented me from getting to that yet.

MK; I updated the version numbers in the Release Planning document.

RL: Looks right, Java modules must always have a bump (even when there is no update in the upstream module versions for Maven reasons), the C++ ones don’t have to.

AJ: Version numbers of C++ modules look mostly the same.

DH: Fixing bugs in pvData, both C++ and Java. May need more time to get stuff working before the -rc1. Issues related to comparing equality of objects, adding tests to compare C++ and Java behaviour. Equality tests of structures seem to compare member data without checking member names or type id’s. Unions may als

AJ: We can delay the -rc1 if needed.

RL: Could the module export the warning change to the command-line

AJ: I think so, I’ll take a look and add a pull request to pvDataCPP to do that if I can.

RL: Managed to get the Java release process fully automated just using the Maven release plugin. Wasn’t expecting it to work, but it does.

3. SNS Meeting

KK: External participant list is Andrew, Arman, Bob, David, Marty, Michael, Ralph, Timo. Not sure who from SNS will attend.

AJ: BD asked if we could do Saturday and Sunday instead of Friday & Saturday. We can’t change travel plans now, so we will meet on the Friday anyway. He is mostly interested in the V3 + V4 merge plans.

KK: He said he was travelling on the Friday.

DH: Can we do technical stuff on Friday? Release process, etc.

MK: Please make up a Google Doc for us to add items to.

AJ: Will do, I will create the G+ Event and link an Agenda/Minutes doc from that.

KK: Will DH publish a VM image for the training?

DH: Yes, like I did last time, but we have to get the release out first.

4. AOB

Next telecon will be the same time next week.

Meeting closed at xx:35