Will Rogers Junior and Senior High School Dress Code
In addition to the district dress code guidelines, the following rules apply to students at Will Rogers. For more information about Tulsa Public School’s policy, go to: https://www.tulsaschools.org/1_Administration/_board_policies/2601-R.pdf.
ID cards and lanyards shall be worn around the neck AT ALL TIMES. They are issued to new students at the beginning of the school year during schedule pick-up. Replacement ID cards cost $5.00.
Logos and Spirit Wear
- Large logos and writing on clothing are not allowed except for those associated with Will Rogers College Junior High or Senior High School. Students are not allowed to make their own Rogers’ spirit wear. Rogers’ spirit wear purchased off campus is subject to review per Tulsa Public School dress code policy.
- Students may wear University or College spirit wear on Wednesdays. University or College spirit is subject to review per Tulsa Public School dress code policy.
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS may wear Rogers’ spirit wear every day.
- JUNIOR HIGH STUDENTS may only wear Rogers’ spirit wear on Fridays.
Tops, Shirts, Sweaters, Hoodies
- Tops, shirts and undershirts must be neatly tucked in.
- Collared shirts (polo, oxford) shall be PLAIN black, white, grey, blue or yellow.
- Students may wear white shirts as long as they are dress shirts like you wear with a tie, polo shirts, or official Rogers' spirit wear. No collarless white shirts are allowed.
- HIGH SCHOOL STUDENTS may wear PLAIN black, grey, blue or yellow shirts without collars.
- JUNIOR HIGH STUDENTS may only wear collared shirts.
- Undershirts shall be PLAIN white, black, grey, blue or yellow.
- Sweaters must be fitted and shall be PLAIN white, black, grey, blue or yellow.
- Hoodies shall be Rogers’ spirit wear or plain white, black, grey, blue or yellow.
- Hoods of a hoodie cannot be worn in the building.
Pants, Capris, Shorts, Skirts
- Pants, capris, shorts and skirts shall be black, blue or khaki.
- Shorts and skirts shall be fingertip length or longer.
- Students may wear pants with elastic around the ankles. This may change if associated with gang activity.
- Leggings are not allowed unless worn under a skirt.
- Denim, cargo pants, jeggings, sweatpants and pajamas are not allowed.
- Sagging is not allowed.
- TCC STUDENTS may follow the non-uniform dress code ONLY if they are wearing their TCC ID in addition to their Rogers ID.
- TULSA TECH STUDENTS may follow the non-uniform dress code ONLY if they are wearing their Tulsa Tech ID in addition to their Rogers ID. Tech students may also wear their Tech uniform (i.e. scrubs). Tulsa Tech uniforms are subject to review per Tulsa Public School dress code policy.
Belts shall not have wording or labels on them, shall be tucked into the pant loops, and cannot hang down.
Coats and jackets must be left in the student’s locker. They cannot be worn in the classrooms. If you are cold natured, you will need a hoodie to wear to class. Blankets are not allowed in the classrooms.
Shoes shall be worn at all times. No house shoes, slippers, shower shoes or flip-flops are allowed.
Piercings with jewelry are only allowed in the ears. All other piercings must have a SMALL CLEAR retainer that does not draw attention to the piercing.
Approved Backpacks - The only backpacks allowed in the classroom, library cafeteria, etc. during the school day are string backpacks and OPEN MESH backpacks. Large backpacks with padded arms that are not OPEN MESH are NOT allowed on campus during the school day.