Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
Monday, April 17, 2017 at 6:30 pm – 18 Beech Street
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission – Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment – Chad
Volunteer for next Montessori Moment (TBD at meeting) -
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- 03.13.17 - Regular E/M S BOD Meeting Minutes
- 03.13.17 - Joint CH and E/M S Board Meeting Minutes
- 04.10.17 - E/M S BOD Executive Session Minutes
- Motion to Adopt Agenda
- Statement from BOD regarding recent events and communications within the school community.
- Community Member Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at email@example.com.
- Staff Comments: three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Consent Agenda
- BOD Task Calendar
- Conditional use permit review and renewal for Beech Street (2017-18, 2018-19...any further is a new permit) - Complete
- District Charter Contract (June 30, 2018) - In Process
- Purchased services renewal - E/MS / CH MOU for Kindergarten services - Moved to FD
- Send out 360 Reviews for HOS and FD (for end-of-year review) - Revision of Documents In Process
- BOD President - Nate
- Need to determine new time and/or date for Board meetings
- Schedule BOD Governance Training
- Budget & Financial Oversight Committee - Chad
- Head of School - Susan
- School Calendar for 2017-18
- Financial Procedures Manual
- Finance Director - Aaron
- Approval of Supplemental Budget
- Purchased Services / MOU with CH renewal
- Building and Location Committee - Stacey
- Mission and Vision Committee - Kathy
- Request to review / adopt Community Goals and Expectations document
- Fundraising Committee - Kathy
- Additional Committee(s)
- External Networking Report(s)
- New Business
- BOD Report to Kiva Kids Newsletter
- Shared Board Information
- Community Member Additional Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; three minute time cap please.
- Upcoming events
- Science of Fine Arts Fair, April 20
- Spring Program / 8th Grade Transition, May 16
- Next BOD meeting
- May 22, 2017
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- Review all current action items – Tamia
- Executive Session – C.R.S. 24-6-402 (4) (a) considering the purchase, acquisition, lease, transfer, or sale of any real, personal, or other property interest AND C.R.S. 24-6-402 (4) (e) determining positions relative to matters that may be subject to negotiations; developing strategy for negotiations; and instructing negotiators.
- Items for Future Agenda(s) – BOD President