Washington Sporting Clays Association
2014 Annual Meeting Minutes
August 23, 2014
In Attendance: Board Members Jeff Demmon, Dave Hamilton, Linda Henson, Scott Muirhead, Ted Sapoznik. 9 WSCA shooters in attendance
Call to Order: Jeff Demmon
- Introduction of board members and welcome from Jeff Demmon stating the purpose of the annual board meeting.
Reports of Officers/Committees:
- Minutes from 2013 annual meeting were approved
- Dave Hamilton handed out the financial statements and noted that the financials do not include the State Shoot fees like last year and that the target counts were year to date as an explanation for why the 2014 bars were lower than 2013. Overall, targets and fees are increasing year over year.
- Tour update by Scott Muirhead. Scott discussed the purpose of the tour, rule change and shoot-off issue. WSCA board will determine a new shoot-off rule because it wasn’t anticipated when setting up the tour rules.
- There was lots of great discussion around the tour and how to make it better. There were several comments about how the tour helped get folks into sporting clays. Several suggestions were made to attract more west-side shooters to the Eastern Washington Tour events. The board will pass those suggestions on to Double Barrel and Landt Farms.
- Linda gave a brief update on the Facebook and WSCA website. It was suggested that the scores and schedule be linked to Facebook.
- Ted gave a NSCA delegate report. He is also on the finance committee and stated that NSCA has the financial reports posted on their site.
- Jeff reported that the 2015 state shoot will be at SST. Dates are June 18 -21. Jon Kruger will be setting the targets.
- Board positions for President, Vice President and Secretary were up for nominations. Jeff Demmon, Terry Redden and Linda Henson were voted back in their respective positions.