Thursday, April 26, 2018
- STUDENTS: Monsanto is now taking applications for summer field pollinators for their upcoming season. If you are interested in working there, applications are available in the Counseling Center. You must be age 14 by June 1st 2018 to apply.
- STUDENTS: This Friday, April 27th, is the National Day of Silence, a day meant to bring about awareness of the bullying of gay, lesbian, bisexual, and transgender teens. 82% of LGBT teens have been bullied at school because of their orientation. If you would like to participate in the Day of Silence, please stop by Room 231 during advocacy or after school or you can sign up at the GSA table during lunch. You MUST sign up through GSA to participate. Again, this Friday, Day of Silence. Use your silence to start the conversation.
- STUDENTS: The Irma Gale History Test will be given in Room 37 (Schaafsma), on Tuesday May 8th. Students must arrive promptly at the assigned time to take the test. There is no make up dates or times for the test. 1. Students must either be enrolled or were enrolled this year in U.S.History or American Studies, 2. Student must be earning a B or above in that class, and 3. Winner will receive a check for $50.00. Students do not need to sign up ahead of time. Just arrive at 2:45 pm and take the test.
- SCANTRON TESTING: The last Scantron tests of the year will happen this week. We will test in Math today during 1st block and will test in Reading on Friday during 2nd block. Makeup will be on Monday, April 30th, during 4th block. Please get a good night's sleep before testing and come prepared with your charged Chromebook. Good luck!
- CONGRATULATIONS: To the Galesburg FFA Poultry Judging team for their first place win at the Section 4 Poultry Contest! Ashley Zimmerman was 1st place individual, Sheyenne Lincoln 2nd, Shelby Bailey 5th, Alyson Wilt 8th, and Brian Nelson was 14th.
- CONGRATULATIONS TO THE 2018 GREAT GALESBURG SHAKE WINNER: JaCara Kelley from GHS!
- LUNCH ACCOUNTS: All lunch money left on your lunch account needs to be removed from your account by your last day of school on Wednesday, May 9th. If you have younger siblings please let us know, as we would like to switch any remaining funds to their account; otherwise please see a cashier for you remaining balance.
- SENIORS: Commencement ticket distribution will be as follows: Tuesday, May 1st & Wednesday, May 2nd from 7:15 am – 7:45 am and 2:45 pm – 3:15 pm in the Guidance Center. Bring your ID and your Commencement Acknowledgement Form must be turned in to Mrs. Stephan prior to receiving tickets.