SGA Meeting Minutes
Wednesday, April 23, 2014
12:00 p.m. SC 204
Call to Order:
Approval of Minutes:
Student Nurses’ Association motioned to approve the minutes from the April 9, 2014 meeting;
Hurricane Men’s Soccer seconded the motion and the meeting minutes were approved.
President – Tam Nguyen (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Offered insights into time as President of SGA.
Vice President – Sean Glaser (email@example.com)
- Offered insights into time as Vice President of SGA.
Secretary – Devin O’Donnell (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Offered insights into time as Secretary of SGA.
- Minutes posted on SGA page in LSC4ME within 1 week of SGA meetings.
- Agendas posted before meetings. If you have not already joined the SGA page in LSC4ME, you will need to do that to view agendas and minutes.
- Announcements to be mentioned must use the form located near the nametags. Please write the club names along with full details regarding events written on form when submitting an announcement.
Parliamentarian – David Pham (email@example.com)
- The meetings run according Robert Rules of Order.
- Discuss what “Campus Issues/Concerns/Compliments” actually entails.
- Offered insights into time as Parliamentarian of SGA.
A-Team President – Luisa Salinas (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- A-Team final meeting in SC-206 on April 28, 2014 at 11:45AM
- Finals snack packs for evening students will take place April 29, 2014 and April 30, 2014 from 5:30PM-6:30PM in the Cyber Café.
- Finals pancake brunch will take place May 5, 2014 and May 6, 2014 from 10:00AM-11:30AM in the Student Center.
- Offered insights into time as A-Team President.
Night School Representative - Vacant ()
Victory Center Representative - Vacant ()
Greenspoint Representative – Michael Horner (email@example.com)
Staff Advisor - Dan Mitsven (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Reminded students that the Rising Stars Banquet was scheduled for the next day.
Faculty Advisor – Shae Adkins (email@example.com)
- A reminder to students about summer and fall registration being open, please make sure to get registration taken care of quickly.
- Offered insights into time as Faculty Advisor.
- 12:22 PM: Motion to open elections. Earth Alliance moved to open elections, seconded by ASAP. Motion passed, and the floor was opened to elections.
- Voting instructions given by Parliamentarian.
- Candidates for both President and Vice President were Travis Hand and Michelle Horner. Candidates for Secretary and Parliamentarian were Devin O’Donnell and David Pham, respectively.
- Travis Hand, Devin O’Donnell, and David Pham offered brief campaign speeches. Michelle Horner was absent from the meeting and did not appoint a designated proxy.
- President: Travis Hand
- Vice President: Vacant
- Secretary: Devin O’Donnell
- Parliamentarian: David Pham
- ASAP moved to close elections. Motion seconded by DAAG. Elections closed.
Campus Concerns, Questions, Compliments:
- No concerns, questions, or compliments presented by student body in attendance.
No guest speaker(s) attended this meeting.
- Show of Hands: Free food and drinks at the “Come Show us Your Talent Show.” Please reserve a spot to participate, and win prizes for participation. For questions, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
- North Star News: Last paper will be published on Monday. All NSN liaisons must be renewed or re-appointed at the beginning of the Fall semester in order for club to be eligible for ad raffle.
Roll call closure:
Motion to adjourn meeting by Student Nurses’ Association, seconded by Campus Christian Club, motion passes and meeting was adjourned at 12:41 PM.