Chocolate Chip Cheesecake
Yields: one 8x8 inch cheesecake
1 cup graham cracker crumbs
4 tablespoons butter, melted
⅛ teaspoon salt
2 teaspoons vanilla extract, divided
16 ounces cream cheese, softened
½ cup sugar
¼ cup sour cream
¼ cup plus 2 tablespoons mini chocolate chips, divided
- Preheat the oven to 325 F. Line an 8x8 inch square pan with aluminum foil, and then grease the foil.
- Mix together the graham cracker crumbs, butter, salt, and 1 teaspoon vanilla. Press the crumbs into a smooth layer on the bottom of the baking pan.
- Make the cheesecake filling. Beat together the cream cheese and sugar until light and fluffy. Mix in the remaining 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and then the eggs, until just combined. Fold in the sour cream, followed by ¼ cup mini chocolate chips.
- Pour the cheesecake batter over the crust, and sprinkle the remaining 2 tablespoons of chocolate chips on top.
- Bake for about 30 minutes, or until the center is just set but still slightly jiggly. Let cool completely, then refrigerate overnight.