SLOKC General Meeting Minutes
Open Meeting: 7:05pm at Petco in San Luis Obispo, CA
Introductions & members in attendance: Carrie Muir, Monica Firchow, Cindy Fleenor, Janell Fleenor, Robin Blackburn, Shari Ziegenbein, Karyn Convertini, Mary Brown, Christ Brykalski, Shawn Barnes, Richard Gearhart, Trina Matteson, Anita Forde, Leslie Garner, Jennifer Nowell, Melinda Chaney
- Review and approved previous month minutes. Robin moved, Jennifer seconded.
- Current balance: $22,038.65
Past Show Business:
Next Show Business:
- Judge transportation: Hotel to show grounds. Jennifer Nowell will do Saturday only. Carrie Muir Sunday with Karyn as backup. Mary will do Friday.
- Gay Dunlop needs transport to SLO airport Sunday after 2:30
- Stewards: Approve raise of $25/day for hired stewards to $100/day. Robin moved approval of $25 raise and Shari seconded. Passed.
- Shawn Barnes volunteered to mentor with steward Mary Brown at show.
- Scholarship: Pledges Mikael and Trina Matteson $100, Melinda Chaney $50 (Dashiell’s Den), Monica $100, El Camino Vet $50, Jennifer Nowell $10
- Exhibitor Hospitality and Sound - Cindy Fleenor managing
- Catalogues: sales: Melinda, Monica, Shawn, Chris
- Food for Judges: Susan Howard - Distributor of food for Judges, helpers. Shari and Karyn tear down. Salads to be provided by Melinda (2days) and Monica (1day). 6 Judges and 6 Stewards
- EMT Service: Chris to check on. Done.
- Vendors: no vendors at present. Cost for vendors is $45-75. Need for bait for handlers. Suggest Rollover at ringside, maybe catalog tables. Suggest selling for $1/slice. Will request for possible vendors to supply and sell since usual vendors not present. Will decide plan next meeting pending response to requests to possible vendors. All to keep in touch with Shari.
- No current food vendor - tbd by fair management
- Barn Hunt: Scheduled. Will have a class for “introduction to BH” available. Entries before show or day of show
- Trophies: a. BJH Rosettes (big) Check will be distributed to winner on Sat. b. Rosette plus custom tack box provided by Elite Canine Services on Sun. Need plaque for tack box
- Exhibitor Hospitality: Wines are donated. All members are encouraged to bring bottle of wine. Request a variety of wines available for hospitality.
- Misting tents: 2 outside
- Overnight parking: To be managed by Ron
- Show Photographer: Vickie Holloway is official photographer. Need to check with her before requesting Diana Han to be there.
- Setup 9am Fri. All available to be there to unload truck and set up. No time set yet. Truck rental by Susan Howard
- Show 2017: May 13-14, 2017. Location TBD. Horse park or Fairgrounds
- Tshirts: suggestion by Cindy to make and provide for Club members or visitors. Motion to make by Shari, second by Trina. Motion approved. Logo tbd
- Vote on membership: Janell Fleenor. All members present in favor. Membership approved.
Next Meeting: Tues Aug 30, 2016 at Petco in SLO. General membership, bring a chair
Close Meeting: 8:28pm by Shari
Minute Taker: Secretary Mary Brown