You and your people need food as you are hungry. You have two choices to get food. You can:
- (farming option) Begin farming to grow your food. This will take a long time and you will have to find the right area to plant the crops, the right crops to plant and you will have to look after and protect your crops.
- (hunter gatherer option) You collect as many berries and wild plants as you can as you follow the animals you hunt. You may or may not get enough berries and wild plants to feed everyone in your tribe.
- You spent a lot of time planting which was exhausting. Plus the time you spent planting meant that many of your people weren't hunting so 5 people died from hunger. However, your first harvest was amazing and you now have more than enough food for everyone so add 12 more people to your tribe from new healthy babies being born.
- You spend along time collecting berries but there simply aren't enough berries to feed everyone in your tribe. You lose 6 people from hunger and starvation.
You and your people still need more food and you also need more varied food. You need to eat meat! You have two choices to get this meat. You can:
- (farming option) Begin herding and farming animals. This will be difficult as you have to find animals that can be domesticated (like cows, pigs, sheep) and you need a place to keep them as well as feed them.
- (hunter gatherer option) You follow the wild animals (deer, buffalo, wild cows) all year long and hunt them when you need to eat. Sometimes you are lucky and kill many animals so you have plenty to eat. Other times you aren't so lucky and you go hungry.
- You spent a lot of time getting the animals trained and domesticated. Plus the many of your people were injured by these animals as you tried to tame them so 8 people died from injuries suffered. However, your hard work pays off you now have milk and meat from the wild buffalo and cows you domesticated so add 15 more people to your tribe from new healthy babies being born.
- You have a good season hunting and manage to kill many of the wild animals you follow across the countryside. However, you still don’t manage to kill enough to feed everybody. Five people die from hunger.
You need to make a decision about whether or not the whole tribe will hunt a pack of wolves that have suddenly appeared in your land. The wolves are dangerous to you and other animals.
- (farming option) You appoint a leader from your tribe. He seems strong and clever. He decides that all the men should find these wolves and kill them before they can kill other people and the animals they feed on.
- (hunter gatherer option) No one really makes any decisions as you don’t really need any leaders. So you decide to carry on with life as if the wolves weren't around.
- Your new leader plans a clever trap for the wolves and you capture and kill most of the wolves with nobody dying. However, your new leader also decides that all people in the village must give half of their meat to him because he is the leader. This means that many people go hungry and die. Lose six people from hunger.
- You decide to leave the wolves alone and carry on as normal. The wolves leave you alone until one night when seven people from your tribe attacked and dragged from their tents by the wolves. You lose seven people.
It is the planting season and you need to plant as many crops as you can so there will be enough food for everyone in your tribe. However, you also need to make sure that there are people to hunt the herds of wild animals which are travelling through this area.
- (farming option) You decide to have your tribe stay in this area and build homes so you can plant crops all year round.
- (hunter gatherer) You decide to carry on following the herds and leave the planting of crops for now. You get your belongings and carry on following the herds of wild animals as they continue their journey.
- You spent a lot of time digging, building and creating your new homes which is very tiring and dangerous work so 6 people die from accidents and exhaustion. However, the new homes are strong, warm and keep the rain out. Because it is such a bad winter but your people are safe in their new homes you add 12 more people to your tribe from new healthy babies being born over the winter.
- You take your tents and continue to follow the mammoths and other animals. However, the winter is really bad this year and many of your tents aren't good enough to keep the cold out. 8 people die from from the cold weather.
There are another tribe living near to you and they don’t have the same beliefs or ideas that you have.
- (farming option) You decide to build an even large settlement/village so that you can farm even more land just in case the other tribe want to use the good farming land.
- (hunter gatherer option) You decide to avoid contact with these other people and hide your people in the forests away from this other tribe.
- You take more land than you need just to make sure the other tribe don’t have enough land which means you have even more food. Add 5 people to your tribe. However, the other tribe are disgusted with your actions and decide to take revenge. In the middle of the night they launch a surprise attack and kill 25 of your people while they are sleeping.
- You and your people hide in the forests away from this other tribe. However, they send out a hunting party to the forest to kill wild animals, and while they are in the forest they find you. However, these people are friendly and offer to share half of their meat with you. Add 8 people to your tribe due to more food for healthy babies being born.
A horrible disease suddenly appears among the people of your tribe causing many deaths.
- (farming option) You decide to try and look after these people keeping them well fed, placing them in warmer homes and trying to heal them. Everybody continues to sleep and eat in the same houses as the people who are ill just like before.
- (Hunter gatherer option) You decide to leave the weak and dying behind as there is nothing you can do for them. You then carry on following the herds of wild animals with fit and healthy people from your village.
- Although some of the people who are ill begin to get better the disease which is killing them is highly contagious which means other people easily get it. This means that 10 people from your tribe die from the illness
- You leave the dying behind as they can’t keep up and aren't healthy enough to continue. This means you limit the spread of the disease which means less people die. Only 4 people in your tribe die from the illness and 8 more are born because you have more food to share around. Add four more people to your tribe.
Wild animals like wolves have continually been causing problems for your people and the animals you have domesticated.
- (farming option) You decide to build a large earth and mud wall around your village/settlement so that the animals cannot get into the settlement.
- (hunter gatherer option) You decide to try and avoid these animals and keep your people alert to any attacks from them when you sleep in your tents at night.
- You spent a lot of time digging, building and creating your new wall which was very tiring and dangerous work so 6 people die from accidents and exhaustion. However, the new wall is strong and difficult to break down so the wolves can’t get in. Add 12 more people to your tribe from new healthy babies being born in safety.
- Your guards try their best to keep a look out for the wolves but it is too difficult and there are too many wolves. They simply can’t stop the wolves from attacking the people of your tribe. 7 people die from wolf attacks!