Chapter Leader Position Description: President
The President has executive responsibility to provide the vision, structure, culture and environment to enable the Chapter to meet the mission and goals created as a team.
Term: One year
Estimated Time Requirements per month:
- Attending board meetings: 2 hours plus travel time
- Attending membership committee meetings: 1-2 hours plus travel time
- Attending monthly chapter meetings: 3 hours plus travel time
- Communicating with administrative office about routine issues: 2-4 hours
- Oversee all CORE requirements and ensure adherence to the requirements.
- Provide encouragement, support, resources, feedback to individual Board members especially President-Elect.
- Validate vision and mission and goal setting.
- Establish and maintain effective processes and communication to enable the board to serve members effectively.
- Assure all board and business operations function effectively, to understand member needs and deliver superior service and assure ATD Chapter Operation Requirements are met.
- Review the progress of goals, strategies, and projects at monthly Board meetings.
- Lead effective transition to a new board annually.
- Lead monthly Board and chapter meetings; participate in other chapter events/committee meetings as available.
- Lead board and chapter members in affiliating, collaborating and using regional and national resources, including Chapter member companies.
- Represent chapter professionally and ethically in all business functions/organizational activities.
- Works with VP Volunteers to co-host the December Awards program.
- Attend all monthly chapter meetings and the Annual Leadership Conference (ALC).
- Write monthly articles for the newsletter
- Attends and participates in monthly board meetings, chapter meetings, ATD International Conference & Exposition, and ATD Chapter Leaders Conference (ALC)
- Participates in other chapter events, committee meetings and conferences as available
- Represents chapter professionally and ethically in all business functions/organizational activities
- Participates in the development and implementation of short-term and long-term strategic planning for the chapter
- Effective verbal communication, leadership, diplomacy, personal interaction, problem-solving and meeting management
- Ability to lead a committee, delegate tasks, and monitor progress
- Ability to build, motivate, and lead a team of volunteers
- Ability to plan, organize, and evaluate chapter activities
- Demonstrated experience in budget design and accountability desired
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects
- Time available to fully participate in chapter and board meetings, and represent the chapter regionally and nationally
- National member of ATD and member in good standing of local chapter
Chapter Relations Manager
National Advisors for Chapters (NAC)
Chapter Operating Requirements (CORE)
Sharing Our Success (SOS)
Chapter Leader Community (CLC)
Leadership Connection Newsletter (LCN)
Chapter Leader Webcasts