YAKiT Kids App tutorial
This is a great app that can make photos talk.
1. Click “Start New”
NOTE: if you do not see this icon, just click on the “Delete scene” icon:
2. You will see this screen:
3. Try one of their Pre-Created scenes: Try the lamb:
Notice how you can move the objects around and resize them. If you want to delete one, click on it, then click on the Trash icon, bottom left hand corner.
4. If you click the “Add button”, bottom right hand corner, you can add more things.
5. Once you are happy with your scene, click “Record”, top right hand corner.
Make sure that Voice Control is ON while you are recording. Click “Stop” when done. Note that you only have 15 seconds.
6. You can replay the scene by clicking on the large arrow in the middle:
You can also Delete Scene, Edit Scene, Re-Record, Change Pitch, or Add Scene.
(Note that if you “Add Scene”, you still have only 15 seconds TOTAL to make a video.
If you want to make a video longer than 15 seconds, you have make several videos, save them on your camera roll, then import them into iMovie.)
7. If you are happy with your scene, click “Next”, then “Save to Camera Roll”, and “Done”:
Note: If the video won’t save to the camera roll, it’s possible that the settings to save to Camera Roll got turned off. Go into your iPad Settings> Privacy > Photos > YAKit Kids, turn on.
While you are here, make sure that the microphone is also turned on. Go back (Click on “Privacy” > Microphone > find app and turn it on.
8. IMPORTING BACKGROUND
If you want to import your own background, click on “Start New” (If you can’t find this screen, make sure that you have clicked on “Done” on your previous video).
Then click on “Web Photo Search”.
9. Click on and hold button:
10. Search for your background, say “forest” and click on the image you want.
11. You can zoom and crop photo, then click “Next”.
12. Now you can add mouths, eyes, etc. to your background (scroll down to see all choices), or you can choose other objects and special effects. (Note that you cannot create your own characters from scratch as in #14 below, if you choose a background.)
13. Create your video like as above (#5 - 7)
14. IMPORTING IMAGE TO MAKE INTO TALKING CHARACTER
A) Inanimate object
Start a new video:
Click on “Web Photo Search” and search for an inanimate object like a piece of fruit.
15. Find your fruit, click on it, Zoom and Crop photo, then click “Next”.
16. Add one of these mouths:
17. Click “Add” button, and scroll down to add more features to the face.
18. When you are done, click “Record”
19. Click “Next”, then “Save to Camera Roll, then click “Done”.
B) Human being or animal
20. Try using a photo of a human being/animal now. Click either “Take a photo/Photo Album/Web Photo Search”.
21. When you find a photo, Zoom and Crop, then click “Next”.
22. Choose one of these mouths:
23. Zoom in to fit the top line in the middle of the mouth and the bottom line under the chin.
24. Click “Next”.
25. Adjust the dots on the mouth and chin, like this:
26. You can test the mouth out by clicking the “Test” button. Then click “Done”. Now you are ready to record.