INTERNSHIP INFO FOR PARENTS
- Thank you for familiarizing yourself with the internship documents from Holland Christian High School’s Winterim website.
- Your student’s internship location and work environment are not an extension of Holland Christian High School, so we cannot guarantee that HCHS’ standards are the same as the standards of the internship host organization. Please be sure you are comfortable with the environment that your student has chosen. Feel free to talk with the internship host or with Lydia Frens (firstname.lastname@example.org) if you have questions.
- Parents agree to provide adequate insurance coverage for the needs of their student interns and will not hold Holland Christian Schools, the internship hosts, or internship organizations responsible in any manner.
- Internship Director will prepare first-time interns for their placements by providing required Presenting Yourself Professionally trainings. (Dates and times to be determined.)
- Transportation to and from the workplace is the responsibility of the family. Neither Holland Christian Schools, the internship host, nor the internship organization will be responsible for transportation liability.
- Interns will invest a minimum of 30 hours at the internship site during the week of January 7 - 11, 2019. Your student and his or her internship host will determine how to schedule those hours so that your intern gets a realistic view of what the work requires. This could include the possibility of working non-traditional hours, like evenings and/or weekends.
- Your student will receive a grade for his or her internship. Evaluation will be based on successful completion of the internship and timely submission of the daily reflection assignment as described in Student Internship Instructions.
- You and/or your student should get in touch with Mrs. Frens if for some legitimate reason your student is unable to complete an internship during Winterim. We will be glad to work with you to make sure it is completed at a later date. Winterim participation is a graduation requirement.