Pigeon Forge High School
Room Number(s): 192
- Provided by school, however students are encouraged to provide personal materials to further their own artistic visions in their completed works.
- Art IV will introduce students to various sculptural forms, emphasizing the styles of Giacometti, Calder, Rauschenberg, and other important sculpture artists. Students will design and execute 3-dimensional forms out of a variety of media. Artists, styles, and principles of design are emphasized, as well as history and cultural influences.
Major Projects/Field Trips
- Architectural Letter
- Coil Basket
- Found Object Sculpture
- Giacometti-style Sculpture/Plaster & Wood
- Mobile Sculpture
- FIELDTRIP - Dogwood Arts Festival
- Per Sevier County Board of Education policy, daily grades will count as two-thirds of a student’s final average while test grades will count as the final one-third. Deductions will be made for unexcused absences and tardies. The semester exam will count as 20% of the student’s final grade for the course when averaged with the grades from each marking period. Progress reports are distributed at the three week point of each six weeks grading period.
Parental Access to Instructional Materials
- Pursuant to Tennessee Code 49-6-7003, parents or guardians may request access to any teaching materials, instructional materials, and other teaching aids used in the classroom as well as any tests developed or graded by the teacher. In order to facilitate this request, parents/guardians are asked to submit a request for such review via letter, email, or phone conversation prior to an established meeting for said review.