Arkansas STEM Festival
ART Project Submission Guideline
- Age Requirement:
This Juried Art Competition is open to all students.
- The Work Must Be Original:
You must be the creator of the art that you submit to the competition. Your art must be your own original concept and not a copy of anyone else's copyrighted material. (If your image infringes upon another's copyright it will be disqualified.) Upon submitting your work to this competition you are solely responsible for any infringement on copyrighted materials.
- Entry Fees:
There is no fee to enter.
- Repeat Entries:
There is no restriction on entering art that has been entered to previous competitions.
The artist retains all copyrights to their artwork without exception.
- Non-exclusive Permissions:
By entering this art competition, you are granting us a non-exclusive perpetual license to reproduce images of your artwork in our newsletters, and in the promotion of the art competitions to the general public. Artworks will not be used for any other purpose than that which is stated here. Each entry becomes part of the public, historical / archival contest catalog. It can be removed at a later date upon request.
- File Sizes and Formats:
Your images are best represented at 1000px on the longest side and a resolution of 72dpi. The acceptable file formats are: jpg, gif, and png.
- The Entry Process:
- Step 1. Have your files ready to upload before you start the submission process. Fill out the entry form with the Artist information and artwork information.
- Step 2. Submit the entry to the STEM Website under the “Art Contest” link.
- Judging Criteria:
- Does the submitted artwork fit the theme of the competition?
- Is there a creative interpretation of the subject/ theme?
- Is the originality of the work interesting?
- Is there overall quality and command of the medium being used?
- Does the work impact the viewer in relationship to the theme?
- Does the work stand on its own as a complete and outstanding creative image?
- The composition and design of the work is also a judging criterion.
- Note: The quality of the images submitted will also play a role in the judging process. It is best if the images submitted are no smaller than 600px.
- Original Work:
We reserve the right to request proof that your entry is your original artwork created solely by you. Non-compliance to this rule will be a disqualification of your entry.
- Guidelines for Submissions:
- Theme. This year the STEM Festival theme is Hello World, referring to the first code usually learned. Students are free to create works of art that directly or indirectly tie to this theme.
- Media: All works should be on paper or canvas. No 3D works will be accepted. Works can be drawings, paintings, prints, or any other 2D media.
- Format: All works should be a minimum of 11” x 17” up to a maximum of 18”x24”. Works may be in color or Black & White.
- Presentation: After reviewing the entries, finalists will be chosen to be presented at the STEM Festival. Works that are selected to be finalists at the festival will need to be mounted on mat board if they are paper or any other thin material that does not hold its shape on an easel.
- Multiple Submission:
One entry per student is allowed. Multiple entries from the same artist will result in disqualification..
- Submission Deadlines:
Artworks may be submitted up until midnight Central Standard Time on February 10, 2017. No artworks will be accepted past the posted deadline.
Recognition and Assumption of Risk Agreement | Physician Release | Photo Release Form
I, ________________________ the undersigned parent/legal guardian of ________________________ , authorize said child's full participation in the Arkansas STEM Festival, including the opportunity to visit and perform experiments at the University of Arkansas at Little Rock. It is my understanding that participation in the activities that make up the Arkansas STEM Festival is not without some inherent risk of injury. As such, in consideration of my child's participation in the AR STEM FESTIVAL, I hereby release, waive, discharge, and covenant not to sue the program, Arkansas STEM Festival’s volunteers , its employees from any and all liability, claims, demands, action, and causes of action whatsoever arising out of or related to any loss, damage, or injury that may be sustained by my child, whether caused by the negligence of the releases, or otherwise while participating in such activity, or while in, or upon the premises where the activity is being conducted.
I also give my permission for any emergency medical care or treatment by a physician, surgeon, hospital, or medical care facility that may be required, including transportation, and accept responsibility for the cost. I also understand that I should make sure my child is covered with family insurance in the event of a serious accident.
Print Student's Name: ________________________
Emergency Contact Name: ________________________
I understand that my child’s full first name with last name initial, picture, and name of school may be published on the internet under the arstem.org website and/or in any Arkansas STEM Festival printed publications. No addresses will be associated with photos.
I agree to follow all instructions and procedures in order to maintain a maximum level of safety.