White Chocolate Apple Cinnamon Granola
1 1/2 cup old fashion rolled oats
1 teaspoon cinnamon
2 tablespoons brown sugar
1/4 cup finely chopped walnuts
1/2 cup finely chopped apple
1/4 cup butter, melted
2 tablespoons honey
2/3 cup white chocolate
2 tablespoons heavy cream
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
2. Combine the oats, cinnamon, brown sugar, chopped walnuts, and chopped apple into a medium bowl and mix until well combined.
3. To the oats combination add the melted butter and honey mix until well combined. Place the granola on to a baking dish that has been sprayed with a non-stick cooking spray.
4. Place in the oven for 15 minutes, stirring once in the middle of the baking time.
5. While the granola is baking, melt the white chocolate with the cream over low heat. Stirring constantly until the chocolate is melted. (Make sure that you don't melt it over too high of heat, because the chocolate will become grainy and will not work for this recipe). Set aside until needed.
6. Remove granola from oven and cool for a few minutes. Pour the melted white chocolate over top of the granola. Fold the chocolate into the granola. Press into a small pan, I used an 8 by 8 baking dish.
7. Set in the refrigerator and let the white chocolate cool and harden.
8. Once the white chocolate is hardened, break the granola into pieces.
9. Store in an air tight container.