Pumpkin Spice Snickerdoodles
Adapted from Snickerdoodles
Yields - 21 2-tablespoon cookies
1/2 cup shortening
3/4 cup sugar + 1/4 cup
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1/4 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon + 3 teaspoons
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg + 1/4 teaspoon
1 cup pumpkin spice baking chips
- Preheat the oven to 350 ˚F. Line cookie sheets with parchment paper.
- Beat together the shortening and 3/4 cup sugar until well combined. Add in the egg and vanilla, beat again.
- Add in the flour, cream of tartar, salt, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon, and 1/4 teaspoon nutmeg. Mix until just combined. Fold in the pumpkin spice baking chips.
- Mix together the remaining sugar, cinnamon, and nutmeg in a small bowl.
- Scoop 2-tablespoon balls of dough and roll in the cinnamon-nutmeg-sugar. Place on a parchment lined baking sheet about 1 inch apart. Press 3 baking chips in the top of each cookie.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes or until they lightly brown. Do NOT over bake!
- Transfer to a cooling rack, they will appear soft, just be gentle.