EPICS Version 4 Telecon, 8-Mar-2016.

Earlier

Agenda

  1. Status and AIs
  2. Support Dave’s production requirement

[0] http://epics-pvdata.sourceforge.net/home.html#usefulinfo

Minutes

Present: AJ, DH, MK, MS, GW

Scribe:

Chair: GW, AJ

1. Status and AIs

RL (offline): AI#7 is 6 weeks overdue. How to handle such situations? Coloring the AI table did not help much.

AJ (pre-meeting): Maybe assign individual AIs instead of one with multiple owners?

DH, MS: I haven’t done my module(s), regarding AI#7.

DH: It needs to be done until the next release.

GW: Who is going to check out the status? Can you do it AJ?

AJ: I can do it.

MK: Master LICENCE file?

AJ: I should have time to do it now that 3.16.0.1 is out.

2. Support Dave’s production requirement

GW: Is there anything outstanding you need?

DH: AreaDetector with Using version 4.4 I got 500 Mb/s, but with 4.5 got 5Gb/s (!)

DH: So DLS want to put in 4.5.0.1 into production (includes monitor overrun bugfix, bitSet serializtion fix, bitSit and_or bug, pvaSrv, uninitialized variable.

DH: I’ve created a couple of pull requests and merged them to the 4.4 branch.

DH: It would be nice to be able to run iocBoot on different platforms (for reasons of internal build and deployment workflow at DLS)

AJ: Yes, reason for singularity of build architecture is  that for IOCs an IOC is only intended ever to build for one architecture.

AJ: Suggest, you go ahead with what you get to work.

DH: I’ve seen something similar with “make runtests”?!

AJ: do you need to run tests in prod?

DH: Would like to - again for reasons of DLS workflow

AJ: I would not worry much about running tests in the production area.

DH: I think I have most of the things I need for the release.

GW: Can we explain the

MS: There was a bug fix, the buffer size was set to 8KB, resetting to 64KB for 4.5. explains the performance improvement, may be worth trying more tuning.

DH: Is it worth releasing 4.5.0.2 with these patches in them?

AJ: Wait a few weeks.

MS: Agreed, there may be other fixes.

DH: Anything on the bug I reported (server crash when monitoring client disconnects).

MS: Can’t reproduce myself. A stack trace would help.

DH: With Valgrind the bug disappears, similarly the debug build doesn’t show it either.

MS: I have some pending things to solve.

MK: I can reproduce with my example if I run it often enough.

MS: If you can get a stack trace that would be helpful.

MS: Working on destructors right now.

Meeting ended xx:32

Active Action Items

Note: Completed AIs are shown once in the list of the meeting in which they are recognized as completed. They are removed in the minutes of the following meeting.

No

Action

Assignee

Target Date

Status

2

See who can fund dbGroup

GW

assigned

5

Write the one license file (using the MIT license in most cases)

AJ

assigned

6

Update your module to include copy of that one LICENSE. Update your headers to contain the header text.

ALL MODULE OWNERS

wait on 5

7

On your module pages, remove the current/previous links; replace “Working Draft” with version number of module, which has its own numbering scheme, like 5.0.2 for pvDataCPP. Eg “Version 5.0.2 18/Nov/2015”

AJ check status, ALL MODULE OWNERS

2016-03-15

assigned

10

Simplify Literature page and home page to help users find novice oriented documentation.

GW

assigned

16

Commit changes to all modules, other than exampleCPP and pvDatabaseCPP, which set the shared library versions

MD

assigned