#25 - For Azeroth!: “Nathrezim of the Light”
• Garrett • Jocelyn
Sponsors: Embrace the Spoilers Kickstarter!
Go to bit.ly/embracethespoilers to back the next season of Embrace the Spoilers!
Intro: Welcome to For Azeroth!
What We’re Up To
- PvP, ie I have officially run out of things to do and so am back to PvP and leveling alts
- Legendary pants for my pally
- Holy F there is NO story in 7.2 (Got an email from Spikeychris basically saying the same thing)
- Nothing! 7.2 is dumb. Not sure I have anything to add here that I haven’t already said in the past. Don’t really feel like dumping on 7.2 again.
By the Holy Light! The Paladin Order Hall Campaign
The Alliance and the Horde watched in horror as Highlord Tirion Fordring was killed during the events of the Broken Shore… Or was he?
The Search for Tirion
- Balnazzar had recovered Tirion, and was keeping him barely alive in an attempt to turn him into a puppet of the Legion (we can assume he wasn’t replaced with a dreadlord because both factions saw him supposedly die, so if he just showed up fine they would know something was up)
- Unfortunately, the paladin order arrived too late to save Tirion, but were able to recover his weapon, the Ashbringer
- The order returns his body to Light’s Hope Chapel to rest alongside other heroes of the Light
- The ceremony takes place beneath the chapel, in the Sanctum of Light. Paladins from around the world gather to pay tribute to their fallen leader, and choose to name a new leader to unite them and reform the Silver Hand (disbanded by Arthas when they wouldn’t purge Stratholme) to stand against the Legion (side note, this ceremony was the most moving and well done that I have seen so far in the order hall campaigns)
- The Silver Hand split into two main groups, the Scarlet Crusade who were corrupted from within by Balnazzar, and the Argent Dawn
- After a failed attempt by Arthas to kill Tyrion, he brought the two together to form the Argent Crusade to take the fight to Icecrown
- Now that Tyrion is gone, it is time to take back the order’s true name, and avenge him
Discovery of Light’s Heart
- Maxwell Tyrosus, former leader of the Argent Dawn and now champion of the Silver Hand, saw a brilliant object flying through the sky, and felt it’s immense power before it disappeared off the coast of Suramar
- The new Highlord takes the news to Khadgar, who informs the rest of the orders before he and the Highlord leave for Suramar to investigate
- Khadgar and the Highlord recover the object from an underwater cave and take it back to Dalaran
- When Khadgar touches the object in the Chamber of the Guardian, it activates, revealing a message from Turalyon, speaking on behalf of the Army of the Light
- We did a lore show about Light’s Heart on our first FAZ episode, and Turalyon and Alleria on our second, so we won’t go into great detail here
- The Marksmanship questline does mention that time in the Nether can move differently than on Azeroth, so what seems to be a few years for us could have been centuries for Turalyon and Alleria, meaning they could have been involved with the Thousand Years War from the beginning
- We have to take the object to the Prophet, who is no doubt Prophet Velen, who reveals that the object is actually the sentient core of a Naaru, the Prime Naaru Xe’ra
- The Highlord and Prophet Velen take the core to the naaru O’ros in the heart of the Exodar, but it has been corrupted and destroyed by the Legion
- After the battle at the Exodar, Velen declares that the Draenei are going home, and the Highlord returns Light’s Heart to the Sanctum of Light
- The paladins gather for a war council to discuss what this all means for Azeroth
- The vessel senses a young paladin nearby, Arator, and begins to show him a message from his father Turalyon, warning him of the arrival of Balnazzar who has been sent to destroy all that Turalyon holds dear
The Hunt for Balnazzar and the Codex of Command
- Vindicator Boros has been blinded by a need for revenge. The attack on the Exodar by the Legion is the last straw. He leads his Silver Hand knights into a chase of Balnazzar without knowing the true strength of his enemy
- Balnazzar’s lieutenant Jarvox captures Boros, and kills the detachment of knights under his command. The Highlord arrives just in time to defeat Jarvox save him
- Vindicator Boros realizes that revenge is not the way of the Light, and is greatly upset by all the lives that were lost in payment for his mistake
- He decides to follow a path of righteousness and bow to the Highlords orders from now on. The Highlords and Vindicator Boros return to Light’s Hope Chapel with the Codex of Command they located in Faronaar. They know it is important to Balnazzar, but are unable to read the code inside
- The Highlord teams up with the Priestess Delas Moonfang to decode the Codex of Command. As it was written in the demon language Eredun we’ll need her assistance and the Fel Lexicon, a book held by a prisoner within the Violet Hold.
- Paladin’s get super culty at this point and start collecting vast quantities of demonic blood from the war front so that the Legion Sigils can be read.
- Delas is able to decipher the Codex which holds records of the Legion’s force at Felblaze Ingress, which is planning to open a portal directly to the demon world.
- The Paladins and Priests team up (as they’re both after Balnazzar) and Aponi Brightmane, Arator, and Delas leave for Felblaze as the Highlord goes into Black Rook Hold to deal with the demonic threat within. Upon emerging from the Hold however the Highlord learns that Aponi and Delas have gone dark after leaving for Felblaze.
- Through Aponi’s journal the Highlord learns that Aponi, Delas, and their forces were captured during their attack on the portal by Balnazzar and taken through the portal.
- The Highlord travels through the portal to Niskara and frees the captured forces.
- After freeing Aponi, the Highlord and her uncover a Legion plot to invade Netherlight Temple (the Priest order hall) and make an attempt on Velen’s life.
- Before leaving Niskara the Highlord and Aponi free a Mysterious Stranger that appears to be a light infused Dreadlord who tells us we fight for the same side.
- While not explicitly stated, it appears that some Nathrezim have found their way to the light and are fighting alongside Turalyon.
The Siege of Netherlight Temple
- Despite uncertainty at the words of a mysterious golden Dreadlord the Highlord decides to stand with the Conclave and defend Netherlight Temple, hoping that the Dreadlord will show to lend aid.
- Short aside: Delas Moonfang wishes to become a Paladin. Night Elf Paladins in the future?
- Balnazzar and his Legion forces attack Netherlight directly.
- At the darkest hour, the mysterious golden Dreadlord appears in a Draenei vessel and reveals himself to be Lothraxion, the Commander of the Grand Army of the Light.
- Together with Lothraxion the Highlord and he defeat Balnazzar and save Netherlight Temple.
- Lothraxion reveals that he fights for Turalyon and Alleria once the Highlord returns to Light’s Hope Chapel.
You can send your emails to FAZpodcast@gmail.com
Hey guys! I started listening to you two on The Angry Chicken since around episode 100 and then started listening to Into the Nexus and then The Gamer's Inn. I absolutely love listening to all of your podcasts and FAZ has quickly become the one I look forward to the most each week. The in depth lore segments are what I anticipate the most, and I would be so happy if you guys could cover Maiev and the Wardens sometime after you finish covering the class hall campaigns.
Quick question: if you could cosplay whatever character from WoW at Blizzcon, who would it be? I desperately want to be a fel murloc, but I also just want to be a murloc in real life anyway.
Thanks again guys and keep on FAZzing!
During the confrontation and dust-up with Sylvanas and Genn at HoV, is it possible that he got a scratch or bite into her that could give her the worgen curse? And do we know if Genn is ok? He left with an arrow in the right side of his chest which may not be fatal...but do we know? And if he dies, would Sylvanas raise him to damn him to an undead life? Could Undead worgen be a possibility? If they both became undead worgens, would they still be enemies? Could it be the tie that finally binds Alliance to Horde?
Love the show!
Subscribe to For Azeroth! on iTunes and on Youtube.com/Amovetv.
Catch the live show Monday mornings at 12pm Eastern on Twitch.tv/amovetv. Catch the live show from virtually any device thanks to AlphaGeekMedia.com.
Joce where can you be found?
Follow Jocelyn @JocePlays
The Gamers’ Inn
Follow Garrett @GarrettArt
NOMOONart.com for Garrett’s stream designs.
Into the Nexus: The Heroes of the Storm Podcast!
The Angry Nerd: Amove.tv/angrynerd