Mountain Bike Guides & Customer Liaison Positions (Self-employed)
We’re looking to expand our pool of freelance mountain bike guides and hosts in 2017/18 and beyond.
You’ll be joining a cracking team - possibly even the best in Scotland - to look after guests and share our passion for mountain bike adventures in Scotland varying in length from one or two days through to seven days plus.
- For Professional Guides: (1) valid MBL and/or Level 3 qualification (2) valid First Aid Qualification (3) valid Safeguarding qualification (1, 2 & 3 registered with British Cycling)
- For Hosts: Clean driving license; licensed to drive 8-seat vehicle towing bike trailer; experience loading and towing a bike trailer
- Availability during March to November 2017/18 for day and multi-day trips
- Experience of guiding / hosting clients (or an appetite to shadow trips and gain the necessary level of experience)
- Fun, friendly professional and patient
- Passion and enthusiasm for Scotland
- A ‘can do’ confident and flexible outlook
- A multi-tasker i.e good planning and organisational skills
- Cool head and good leadership i.e. ability to cope under pressure
- Able to work with a diverse range of customers from all over the world
- An understanding of mountain bike tourism and the environment
- A good knowledge of mountain biking in at least one of the areas listed below:
- Scottish Borders / Tweed Valley
- Highland Perthshire and Dunkeld
- Loch Lomond & Trossachs
- East Highlands, Deeside & Angus Glens
- West Highlands, Glencoe & Lochaber
- Northwest Highlands
- Isle of Skye
- Outer Hebrides Islands
For more details, in the first instance please send a note of interest and CV with specific reference to those areas listed, to email@example.com or call Andy McKenna, 07713151773.