EPICS V4 Telecon 13-Dec-2016

Earlier                                                                                Later

Agenda

  1. Progress on AIs
  2. Status
  1. Base Releases (3.14.12.6, 3.15.5, 3.16.1)
  2. EPICS 7 roadmap
  3. Other?
  1. Spring face-to-face meeting
  2. Future V4 Training
  3. AOB

Minutes

Chair: AJ

Present: AJ, HJ, RL, MK

Minutes: AJ

1. Table of AIs

No

Action

Assignee

Target Date

Status

6b

Update your headers to contain the header text.

ALL MODULE OWNERS

Christmas

assigned

17

Monitor changes pull request (move Monitor API from pvData to pvAccess; AI from meeting 15-Mar-2016, http://tinyurl.com/zqa3qyp

MD

assigned

Test creating a Launchpad project for the bundleCPP module

AJ

created

2. Status

  1. Base Releases

AJ: Base-3.14.12.6 was released on Friday (2016-12-09).

RL: Base-3.15.5 — Done everything I can do, need Andrew to complete the website work, will send out announcement tomorrow.

HJ: Are there significant updates in this wrt the -rc1?

RL: The main significant change is a PCAS bug-fix.

SH: Base-3.16.1 — Michael’s biggest holdup is getting the link support code merged to enable PVA links. His availability for this is limited. Anyone available to work on unit tests?

AJ: Now Base

  1. EPICS 7 roadmap

SH: Bob agrees with the October 2017 target date. He would like to see more performance testing on the communication protocol in advance. And he would like to see progress with gateway and services. (This can be in parallel with the release schedule but requires funding.)

MK: Status of Access Security for pvaSrv?

RL: Dummy plugin for pvaSrv (exists and has default plugs); what’s missing is the connection to the IOC side (AS library).

AJ: Also missing support for server-side filtering. No way to specify filters in command-line tools.

RL: Support needed in server application (pvaSrv) and client applications (pvget/put tools; CS-Studio glue). Preferably would allow JSON input. The interface to the pvRequest should be discussed at the Face-to-face meeting.

  1. Other?

AJ: Heinz, anything to report on RTEMS-4.12 support?

HJ: Will look at going back to a single OS_CLASS for RTEMS.

AJ: I can help with build-system changes, possibly use a version-specific source path in libCom only.

RL/HZ talked about archiving and Ralph’s trip to Japan.

MK: Working with Anton Mezger to get caQtDm working with pvAccess. Will need access security working for PSI to be interested in using pvAccess though.

3. Spring face-to-face meeting

SH: FRIB has agreed to host V4 / CS-Studio working group meetings in the spring. (They have approval for coffee/snacks already!) Guobao would like input soon on possible dates so they can begin the paperwork. (Eric is getting input from the CS-Studio group.)

RL: We talked about 2 meetings, this is probably the March one.

AI on AJ: Check calendar and circulate suggestions for possible dates by email.

AJ: Think about topics, pvRequest is a major one.

MK: Also Access Security (for pvaSrv at least).

4. Future V4 Training

RL: Kuriyama-san from KURRI wants V4 training at the Spring Collaboration Meeting.

BD: MIchael and Kunal have given V4 training, including services integrated into CSStudio, the pvGateway, and the use of pvaSrv.

Discussion on this topic was deferred due to lack of time, it will happen by email or at the next meeting.

5. AOB

Next meeting January 10th 2017.