CEIP RAMÓN LAPORTA. QUART DE POBLET -VALENCIA. SPAIN
ERASMUS+ “Under the same sky, open minds, equal rights for all”
SPANISH LESSON “ Fear is the greatest of disabilities.”
SUBJECTS: Values, Ed Physical, Science, Languages, Art Ed... STUDENTS: All levels. TIME: The tutor considered as the activity and progress. AUTHOR: Loli Fernández Cercós
SUBJECT: Disability. What would I do if I lack a sense? Sight? ¿Touch Heard?
1. Be aware of your body and appreciate all the things we can do with it. 2. Know that there are people who can do the same without having a sense (sight, hearing, touch). 3. Be brave face of difficulties because fear is the greatest disability. 4. Experiencing the difficulties we have to do activities with a sense less. 5. To sensitize the student to the different person (whatever the difference race, age, disability, gender, religion ...) has the same rights and the same chance of getting the same as us.
Preparation for the lesson (tips for the teacher, what to do before the lesson, allowing you to prepare). Please explain fully and in detail here what should be prepared for a lesson)
As tips for the teacher to prepare the activity: 1) Read the information considered relevant sent by mail. 2) Look at the pictures of Nick Vujicic speak for themselves. 3) Think of the five above-mentioned objectives is to be worked on.
The completion of the lesson: (.. Please explain in detail each step of a master, step by step, as f.ex. ...... teacher asks a question, professor gives a ... For students. .. And so on)
As I'll put brainstorm on activities to do with students around the center, I will not say every one to understand that they are clear to state them. If in doubt, you ask
me. When you read you probably think of other adapted to your course or variants, so ... encouragement to them!
1. For students practical experience of the various sensory disabilities can do for:
Visual disability: Make room in the class to walk. Make couples, cover one of the couple's eyes and the other guide him, who does not see, grab the elbow that looks and moves through space without speaking. They are connected by touch. The view is supplemented by touch. Then again they move through space, but this time without physical contact, just guide you along a sound that makes the partner. They are connected by ear. The view is supplemented by ear. A sense helps reinforce another is missing.
Hearing disability: Make couples and one partner gets plugs (to be brought from home as they are transferable), it must be ensured that not listening, buddy gets in front and starts talking quietly. Students with plugs have to try to figure that says fellow looking into lips. It supplies the ear by sight.
Physical disability: 1. Before your table will be only a pencil and paper. They have to write your Name without hands, because they are behind. They have to think of alternatives to carry them out. The possibility of using the upper limbs is eliminated. 2. In a straight line are all children have to go to the other side of the class in pairs without using legs. The possibility of using the legs is eliminated.
After these experiences you reap what they have felt and what children can feel the people who have some of these disabilities.
2. Watch the photos and create discussion about them.
3. Youtube Watch the short film "The Butterfly Circus" where Nick is the protagonist.
4. Talk about the Paralympics where Spain is a country noted for achieving their Paralympic medals. For example, we have Teresa Perales, natural Zaragoza swimmer, winner of 22 Paralympic medals. Tied to Michael Phepls medals, medals olímpicas.Actualmente biggest winner is the athlete with the most medals in the
history of the Paralympic Games.
Dani Vidal (Castellón), world record holder and first Paralympic swimmer without arms crossing the Strait. It states that "Since I started swimming, apart from being a good sport, I became a better person.
5. Teach only a picture of Nick in which not do any activity and see how they feel (joy, sorrow, rejection, moodiness, sadness ...). They verbalize with a word. Then they have to verbalize what your opinion on it. All oral level. Then from there you introduce the rest of photos to see life as full and contrast has to know his previous feeling and thinking. Is it the same feeling and thought to know reality? Has changed? Do I have to judge someone by their physical condition?
6. To see how Natural Sciences lacks elements Nick's body and if that deficiency causes not perform the functions and activities like other people do not. How do you manage to do all the things like the rest? They can introduce technological aids if
they have not thought of.
7. building exercises for written language: Visual essays about the document they see (videos or photos you choose) and drafting openly express what they want. Write a dialogue with Nick Vujicic they would if they find it. Describe a photo or describe it. Write a post like a friend.
8. Work the physical, mental and emotional adjectives through it. When shown a picture without knowing it, some adjectives are generated. When more is known his life, adjectives may change.
9. Work verbs and their times with the activities that are in the pictures.
10. Debate How can we help people who have difficulty as Nick?
11. Every child has to imagine doing something with Nick (sharing an activity) and then draw it.
12. Imagine that Nick was our first father and then write a letter to express what we feel toward him or tell something that has happened to us.
13. Think if Nick is a brave man. Why? Think if you have been afraid before a person taller than him.
Finally, just to encourage you to do an activity and leave a graphic document (video or photo) to put on the blog Erasmus +. To do contact Carlos. If you can think of some new, I would like to know and put to expand this list of activities. Thank you.
UNDER THE SAME SKY, open minds, equal rights for all. ERASMUS + 2014-2017 Prepared: Loli Cercós Fdez. Quart de Poblet 16/12/2015