OMP Equipment Guide
There are a wide variety of options when purchasing equipment. This guide suggests equipment solutions for YouTube Live integration. It's important to do your research before purchasing any equipment. Not all items on this list are compatible with one another, each category of gear may not be necessary either. Minimally, you will need a video signal (such as a camera) and an encoder (either hardware or software based). We recommend having a computer available to monitor your stream as well. Prices range from free if you have a video enabled cell phone to fairly expensive multi-camera setups. We are happy to help guide you through this process if you reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org
An Encoder takes a video input and converts it to data to send to your Content Delivery Network such as YouTube Live.
A switcher takes multiple video signals and allows you to cut between them. In many cases a switcher will also incorporate graphics into your broadcast. A hardware switcher includes capture cards with variable input options. A hardware or software switcher is necessary if you are using multiple cameras or would like to incorporate graphics.
Note: You may also need a capture device in order to input cameras into your computer
- Wirecast Play - $10
- Wirecast Play Studio $279
- Wirecast Play Pro $549
- Wirecast Studio 7 - $500
- Wirecast Pro 7 - $1,000
A capture card takes a video input into your computer, allowing you to utilize a software switcher.
- Blackmagic Design DeckLink Duo (Internal) - $500
- Blackmagic DeckLink Quad - $1000
- 825e 2-channel SDI - $1500
- Osprey 845e 4-channel SDI - $2100
CAMERA & CONTROLLER
- Youtube App (FREE) on any Android cell phone with video capability (Note live streaming with the app is currently in private beta. Please contact us if you have an OMP account setup and would like to have early access.)
- Livestream Mevo $400 (Camera streams directly to Youtube, controllable via livestream studio or iphone/android app)
- JVC KY-PZ100B $3,550 (Camera streams directly to YouTube and is controllable via Web Browser)
- Sony PTZ Cameras
- Sony EVI-H100S - $2400
- Sony SRG300H - $3000
- Sony BRC-H900 - $8000
Controllers generally cost $1000 - $2000 each and must utilize the same PTZ protocol as your camera.
- Audio equipment: microphones, cables, mixer, speakers, etc.
- Video equipment: laptop, monitor, etc.
- Transmission: distribution amplifiers, converters, etc.
- Fixtures: lighting, racks, etc.
- Connectivity: Internet connection, IT support, etc.
For more information and prices for additional equipment, please do not hesitate to ask. Email us at email@example.com
*OPTIONAL: OMF CAN BUY & INSTALL YOUR EQUIPMENT
- $5,000 - Single camera solution with software switcher/encoder
- $25,000 - 3 camera solution with switcher (for web only)
- $50,000 - 3 camera solution with switcher (for broadcast & web)
(Prices include installation & troubleshooting.)