Reference Librarian and Archivist | Busse Library
Mount Mercy University
Principles of Marketing (BK 208): Spring 2016
Be a Volkswagen Detective: Show Me What You Know
- Find a 2015 or 2016 magazine article about Volkswagen’s recent marketing efforts since the emissions scandal.
- Find a 2015 or 2016 magazine article discussing Volkswagen’s recent R&D efforts (research and development) in the area of diesel engines.
- Find a recent company profile (created by a research firm) of Volkswagen.
- Find a 2015 or 2016 discussion of Volkswagen’s role and the impact of the scandal to the larger automotive industry.
- Find a detailed industry analysis of Volkswagen’s production and sales in Germany.
- Find a recent SWOT (2014-2016) for Volkswagen.
- Find a 2014-2016 discussion of Volkswagen’s targeted audience (preferred demographics).
- Find Volkswagen’s number of employees. Also name the market where its stock is traded, as well as its most recent annual sales figures.
- List six brands associated with the Volkswagen group. Now find target audience data/information for one of the brands in your roster.
- Name two direct competitors (companies) for Volkswagen. Explain how they influence Volkswagen’s products and company operations.