#162 - Into the Nexus: “Stay positive, don’t die”
• Garrett • Kyle • Jeff
Our Patrons support Into the Nexus at Patreon.com/ITN. If you enjoy the show consider supporting it with 25 cents, a dollar, or however you would like! We thank all our Patrons for their support!
Intro: Welcome to Into the Nexus! The Heroes of the Storm podcast!
We took to Team League with a 3 stack this week and were “balanced out” with double bronzers.
Jeff... how do you deal with this? Is this your life? -Hey come on, Ive never been bronze
Reminder, you can go to ITNcast.reddit.com to submit stories or upvote submissions for the next episode.
- Activate to jump to the target area.
- Throw 3 Shuriken in a spread pattern, each damaging the first enemy it hits.
- Stores up to 3 charges. Shuriken’s cooldown replenishes all charges at the same time.
- Become Protected for 1.25 seconds. Any damage blocked during this period causes Genji to throw a Kunai toward the nearest enemy, prioritizing Heroes and dealing damage.
- Dash forward, dealing damage to all enemies in a line. Enemy Heroes who die within 2 seconds after being hit by Swift Strike cause the cooldown and Mana cost to be refunded.
- Unleash the Dragonblade for 8 seconds. While active, Dragonblade can be reactivated to lunge forward and slash in a huge arc. If any enemy Heroes are killed within 2 seconds after being hit by Dragonblade, Swift Strike’s cooldown is reset.
- Perform 2 perpendicular slashes that deal damage and ignite after 1.25 seconds, dealing additional damage to enemies in their area of effect.
- Both Cores are protected by a barrier that cannot be attacked by Heroes.
- Payloads must be escorted across the Battleground in order to deal damage to the enemy Core.
- The first set of Payloads spawn for each team after 2:30 into the match, and additional waves will periodically spawn throughout the rest of the game.
- Stand near an allied payload to escort it. The more allies who are present to escort a payload, the faster it will move. This effect caps at 3 nearby allies.
- Payloads that haven’t been escorted for a period of time will begin to slowly move backward.
- Destroying enemy Forts will cause the next allied Payload to deal additional damage when it arrives at its destination.
- Destroying enemy Keeps will cause Sappers to spawn with allied Minion waves, which will fire on the Core upon reaching the end of their lanes.
- Deal a total of 7 damage the opposing Core to claim victory!
- Three types of Mercenary Camps exist on Hanamura, and captured Mercenaries will not travel down a lane to attack enemies.
- Instead, captured Mercenary Camps will each award one of three consumable power-ups.
- Right-click a power-up to collect it, and then use the “Map Mechanic Ability” hotkey (Default: F) to activate it.
- Release 3 Dragon Spirits that seek out enemy Heroes, who are then revealed for 5 seconds. Dragon Spirits are destroyed after finding enemy Heroes or after 10 seconds.
- Place a Turret on the ground or on your team’s payload.
- Restore 35% Health and 23% Mana to you and your allies over 15 seconds.
- Defeat the Mega Enforcer found at the center of Hanamura to fire 1 shot on the opposing Core.
2.0 Launch Event & New Hero Reveal April 25th
Join us at 11:00 a.m. PDT on Tuesday, April 25 for a walkthrough of everything coming with Heroes of the Storm 2.0, live interviews with members of the development team, an exhibition match between two of our top HGC teams, as well as a brand new cinematic, which will reveal the next Hero coming to the Nexus!
April 20th Balance Update
Spyrian’s comment on why things like Uther appeared in notes but not in the beta.
Lets try something different here. Maybe we can have Jeff lead with how the character is performing in his league.
- These are not the full notes! Greatly edited down.
- This update does not include new Uther or the Ressurect rework for Auriel
Cassia - Buff
Fend and Valkyrie buff with a nerf to Ball of Lightning
- Cooldown decreased from 10 to 8 seconds
- Mana cost reduced from 50 to 40
Ball Lightning (R)
- Mana cost increased from 40 to 60
- Cooldown decreased from 90 to 60 seconds
- Mana cost reduced from 70 to 60
Greymane - Buff
Inner Beast (W) - Less version of Wolfheart baked in. You can talent for greater effect.
- Cooldown increased from 16 to 20 seconds
- Every Basic Attack while Inner Beast is active now reduces its cooldown by 0.5 seconds
- Now increases the cooldown reduction per Basic Attack from 0.5 to 1 second while Inner Beast is active
Cursed Bullet (R)
- Damage increased from 35% to 40% of the enemy’s current Health
Nazeebo - Nerf
Early game buff (Toads), late game nerf.
Plague of Toads (E)
- Damage increased from 126 to 140 over 6 seconds
- Basic Attack damage reduced from 175.5 to 150
- Health reduced from 2500 to 2300
Level 13 - Superstition (Passive)
- Spell Armor reduced from 50 to 40
Level 20 - Vile Infection (Trait)
- Voodoo Ritual stacks required increased from 150 to 175
Auriel - Buff
Basic ability damage increase
Sacred Sweep (Q)
- Damage increased from 75 to 80
- Center damage increased from 150 to 160
- Level 1 - Increase Clarity (Q)
- Damage bonus for completing the quest increased from 120 to 150
Detainment Strike (E)
- Damage increased from 100 to 115
- Terrain collision damage increased from 100 to 115
- Level 4 - Repeated Offense (E)
- Quest reward damage bonus increased from 200 to 250
Level 7 - Empathic Link (Trait) (Nerf Reverted)
- Energy stored for damage taken by Bestow Hope’s target increased from 20% to 25%
Level 20 - Shield of Hope (Active)
- Cooldown increased from 45 to 60 seconds
Brightwing - QoL
Soothing Mist (Trait)
- Now displays a range ring around Brightwing that conveys the radius of her heal. This is only visible to Brightwing.
Li Li - Buff
Blinding Wind (E)
- Cooldown decreased from 10 to 8 seconds
- Mana cost reduced from 40 to 30
- Damage increased from 132 to 140
Tassadar - Nerf
Basic Attack damage increased from 10 to 12
Plasma Shield (Q)
- Duration decreased from 5 to 4 seconds (8 second cooldown)
- Shield amount decreased from 550 to 475
Force Wall (R)
- Cooldown reduced from 10 to 8 seconds
- Mana cost reduced from 30 to 25
Level 1 - Khaydarin Resonance (Passive)
- Quest: Regeneration Globes grant 50% more Mana to Tassadar (Same)
- Reward: After collecting 15 Globes, increase the Shield amount of Plasma Shield by 15% (Was 20%)
- Reward: After collecting 30 Globes, increase the Shield amount by an additional 15% (Previously reduced the Cooldown by 3 seconds)
Level 20 - Twilight Archon ®
- Updated functionality: Basic Attacks while in Archon form increase Archon’s duration by 2 seconds (Previously refreshed is duration back to full)
Anub’arak - Nerf
- Burrow Charge
- Locust Swarm
- Urticating Spines
Locust Swarm (R) Yay, more range indicators!
- Damage per second reduced from 60 to 55
Level 7 - Subterranean Shield (E) Shields just getting jacked this patch
- Shield amount reduced from 365 to 345
Level 16 - Epicenter (E)
- Cooldown reduction decreased from 2 to 1.5 seconds per Hero hit
ETC - Buff
Health increased from 2100 to 2180
Health Regeneration increased from 4.375 to 4.543
- Health reduced from 2428 to 2100
- Was over a 13% decrease before, now it’s just a little over a 10% decrease looking at his original health value
- Health Regeneration reduced from 5.06 to 4.37
- Again was over 13.5% decrease before, this reigns it in to just over a 10% decrease.
Level 1 - Guitar Hero (E)
- Healing increased from 40% to 50% of damage dealt by Basic Attacks
Level 4 - Speed Metal (Passive)
- Movement Speed increased from 10% to 15%
Level 7 - Pinball Wizard (W)
- Damage increased from 200% to 300%
Level 7 - Hammer-On (Passive)
- Damage increased from 30% to 35%
Stitches - Buff
Health increased from 2900 to 3000
Health Regeneration increased from 6.043 to 6.25
- Damage increased from 96 to 104
Zarya - Nerf
Energy (Trait) Decays half a point more per second (20% increase)
- Rate of decay increased from 2.5 to 3 per second
Graviton Surge (R)
- Cooldown reduced from 100 to 80 seconds (20% decrease)
Level 1 - Demolitions Expert (Q)
- Cooldown reduction decreased from 0.5 to 0.4375 seconds per 5 Heroes hit, up to 3.5 seconds (12.5% decrease)
Level 4 - Give Me Twenty (E)
- Cooldown reduction granted upon completing the quest decreased from 3 to 2 seconds
Level 4 - Speed Barrier (E)
- Movement Speed bonus increased from 35% to 50%
- Much like new Heroes receive a Gold price reduction once they’ve been in the Nexus for a few weeks, new skins and mounts that are unlockable using Gems start at a higher than normal Shard price. These items will receive a Shard price reduction a few weeks after they are added to the game.
- Completing matches in Heroes Brawl will now award Hero XP.
- In cases where multiple Heroes are used during the same Heroes Brawl, the total XP earned will be divided evenly among them.
- Completing the weekly Heroes Brawl quest will now award a Loot Chest, rather than a Portrait and Gold.
Patreon Thanks: Patreon.com/ITN
Thanks to our Patreon producers Declan H, CheezyBob, and Mythdol.
- Kevin Leintz
- Benjamin Suchy
- Ray O
- Goran Calic
Available April 25th - May 22nd
Each bundle contains 20 Heroes, and has its own unique theme. The best part? We’re giving you enough free gems to unlock the Mega Bundle of your choice once Heroes of the Storm 2.0 goes live in your region after April 25!
- Assassin bundle has the most value per hero
- However Flex Bundle has the highest priced heroes in it. Good to knock them out if you are planning to buy the rest.
- Heroes you already own will not turn into shards.
- It is dynamic
Try Hard for Good
At the end of the challenge, each sponsored streamer’s rank on the Hero League ladder will determine the donation amount we’ll make to Make-A-Wish:
- Reach Gold Rank $500
- Reach Platinum Rank $1500
- Reach Diamond Rank $2000
- Reach Diamond Ranks 1-5 $500 Per tier of Diamond
- Reach Master Rank $3500
- Reach Grand Master Rank $5000
- Win Hero League Matches $100 Per Hero League win
Climb to the Top $25k to the Competitor who Reaches the Highest Rank!
Competitors and coaches
- Dyrus coached by Chu8 - 1.23 million followers (compared to Chu8 111k)
- Scarra coached by Dunktrain - 452k
- VoyBoy coached by Kaeyoh - 858k
Patreon Shout Out
ITN is supported by our badass Patrons. You can become a ITN Patron by going to Patreon.com/itn.
Thanks to our Patreon producers Declan H, CheezyBob, and Mythdol. ITN coffee mugs and glasses are over at bit.ly/amovestore.
Catch the live show Thursday nights at 8pm Eastern on Twitch.tv/Amovetv. Mobile live stream provided by Alpha Geek Radio. Go to mobile.alphageekradio.com.
Follow the show on Twitter @ITNcast, Facebook.com/Amovetv, And ITNpodcast.reddit.com.
Thanks to Brian Griffith, the musician responsible for our intro music. He can be found at briangriffithmusic.com or @briangriffith on twitter..
Follow Garrett @GarrettArt
NOMOONart.com for Garrett’s stream designs.
The Angry Chicken: A Hearthstone Podcast
The Angry Nerd
Just because we aren’t running ads at the top doesn’t mean these codes are any less awesome!
Our code, ITN, will get you a free 120gb SSD added to your already amazing Doghouse gaming PC.
The same code, ITN, will get you 30% off and free shipping on your entire order of noise-reducing earbuds from Tweaked Audio!