Sensation and Perception
- Identify how each part of the eye functions in vision.
- Map the path visual information takes from the retina to the primary visual cortex.
- Identify how we detect the difference between one color and another.
- List two major theories that attempt to explain color vision.
- Analyze what determines the pitch and loudness of a sound.
- Identify the functions of the outer ear, middle ear, and inner ear.
- List two major theories that attempt to explain hearing.
- Identify some of the major causes of hearing loss.
Smell and Taste
- Map the path smell messages take from the nose to the brain.
- Identify the primary taste sensations.
- Analyze how the primary taste sensations are detected.
The Skin Senses
- Describe how the skin provides sensory information.
- Analyze the function of pain.
- Identify how pain is influenced by psychological factors, culture, and endorphins.
- You will be divided into groups and assigned a specific sense.
- Each group needs to . . .
- Develop a TedEd lesson (www.ed.ted.com)
- Develop a PowToon that demonstrates their assigned sense(s).
- Develop a demonstration(s) that pertains to their assigned sense.
- Groups will be given two days to research and prepare their presentations.
- Use a minimum of three sources—one textual source. Remember, Wikipedia is not a good source!
- Include a works cited page to turn in with your demonstration.
- Use MLA format
- Suggestion: easybib.org
- Group presentations will be given on Thursday and Friday.
- Thursday—Group Vision; Group Smell and Taste
- Friday—Group Hearing; Group Skin Senses
- Grading (25 Points Each—Total of 75 Points)
- Accomplishment of the Objectives (5)
- Minimum of 1 YouTube video (max 5 min in length) (5)
- 5 Multiple Choice Questions (5)
- Two discussion questions (5)
- Final Thoughts section (5)
- Creativity (8)
- Relevance to Assigned Sense (9)
- Length: 50 Seconds (8)
- Accomplishment of the Objectives (9)
- Creativity (8)
- Organizational skills (8)
- Late Grades
- A penalty of -5 points will be given for each day passed the due date.