CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description - Instructor
Title: Instructor *Position may be shared
Reports to: Program Director
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp meetings, training and orientations. Camp dates and times will vary according to area of expertise and
availability. Instructors are needed July 16th-July 28th.
Deliver instruction according to the CampHERO lesson plans. Work directly with girls. Set up and break-down the teaching station. Assure the health and safety of girls and volunteers. Direct Crew Leaders and Instructor Assistants.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Follow and implement CampHERO lesson plans, staying within the scope and meeting the objectives.
- Assure lesson is delivered within the given time.
- Request and assemble all needed equipment and supplies.
- Set up teaching station as needed.
- Teach groups of campers.
- Give positive feedback and encouragement.
- Manage disruptive or unsafe behaviors.
- Work with Crew Leaders and other volunteer staff.
- Assure the health and safety of girls and volunteers.
- Complete other duties as assigned.
Other Job Requirements:
- Expertise in the area of instruction.
- Current valid driver’s license.
To apply complete the CampHERO – Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council Volunteer Application and Authorization for Background Check.