Kiwi Grub for Mohua
School Journal Part 1, Number 2, 2007
W.a.l.t find and summarise information in the text.
Find the definitions of the following words:
1. List 5 facts that you learnt about kiwis that you didn’t know before.
2. What was the problem in this text?
The problem in this text was that they did not give you good describing words.
3. What was the solution?
The solution was to put more describing words in
4. What was the outcome?
The outcome was that it was good
5. Create a venn diagram to compare kiwi birds to tui birds.
6. Why do you think it is important not to treat Mohua like a pet?
Because he is a kiwi and they are very rare
7. Give 3 pieces of evidence that shows that the staff at the Wildlife Reserve looked after Mohua well.
8. Do you think Mohua should be released back into the wild? Why or why not
Not just yet because he has to get his knowledge back