To perpetuate our tradition of excellence and inspire current students,outstanding alumni are selected annually for Wall of Honor recognition. The purpose of this prestigious award is to recognize Unionville-Chadds Ford School District alumni for their lifetime achievements.
Wall of Honor Nominating Process
- Multiple nominations of the same candidate shall be considered a single nomination and the full content of the multiple nominations shall be considered in the determination of the qualifications of the candidate. No additional consideration or weight shall be given to candidates receiving multiple nominations over candidates receiving a single nomination.
- Nominations must be received prior to the end of October to be considered for induction. Nominees not inducted will be considered for up to five (5) years. Nomination papers will be kept on file at Unionville High School for a minimum of five (5) years. Completed nomination forms must be submitted to the UHS main office.
- All nominations will remain on file for five years from the date submitted. After five years, nominations must be resubmitted and will be considered annually by the selection committee along with new nominations.
- The nominator must gather pertinent information on the nominee and inform them of such to ensure that they are willing to receive the award, if selected. The nominator will be responsible to meet the deadlines set forth by the committee.
- The policy of the board is to induct a maximum of three (3) honorees per year.
- Newspapers, District website, District publications, and TV announcements shall be used to inform the public about the Wall of Honor and the nomination process.
- The accuracy of nominations is subject to verification by the Wall of Honor Committee.