Children’s Kiva Montessori School
Elementary/Middle School - Board of Directors Meeting
November 30, 2015 at 5:00 pm – 25 N Beech Street
- Call to Order
- Roll Call
- Vision – Children’s Kiva Montessori School will provide a vibrant and engaging learning environment based on the teachings of Dr. Maria Montessori that supports all students’ academic excellence and ability to become empowered, creative, lifelong learners responsible for themselves, their community, and their environment.
Mission – Children’s Kiva Montessori School uses authentic Montessori methods, Community-Based educational approaches, and integrated academics (STEAM) to support student academic success, responsibility, and independence.
Montessori Moment – Nate
Volunteer for next Montessori Moment (TBD at meeting) -
- Approval of Previous Minutes
- BOD Meeting - 11.20.15
- Motion to Adopt Agenda
- Community Member Forum: Community members may use this time to speak to the board; three minute time cap please. For discussion(s) that may take more time please email the board at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Status of previous meeting’s action items – Tamia
- Consent Agenda
- Board Business
- Transition Plan. Discussion with Rob regarding building a transition plan. This may take a different form than his initial report that was generated during his first visit to our school. Expect this to develop over time. This meeting is an initial discussion.
- Short Term
- Identify the things that need to be done to maintain the basic operations of the school. Determine who will do them starting December 5th.
- Medium Term
- Take the list of tasks identified above plus tasks that need to happen later in the year. Work on a strategy to see that they all are addressed.
- Can we fulfill these tasks with our current staff or do we need to look for additional staff? If we need additional staff, what are the skills for which we are looking? What will our plan be to locate and hire, if needed?
- Long Term
- Start compiling the list of criteria for our new Head of School and put together an advertising and recruitment plan.
- Start designing the hiring / evaluation committee.
- Next Steps
- How can we best utilize Rob’s talents as we move through this process?
- How can we incorporate other resources into this process?
- What do we want to do regarding Josh’s sofa that was broken during the construction?
- Scheduling a celebration for Josh.
- New Business
- Shared Board Information
- Upcoming events
- Winter Social - December 17, 2015
- Next BOD meeting
- Monday, December 14, 2015 at 6:30 pm
- Review all Action Items – Tamia
- Items for Future Agenda(s) – BOD President