Studio 40 | Fridays at 7PM in the Studio Theater
To showcase and support a carefully curated roster of indie improv teams at various stages of artistic development for the entertainment of diverse audiences.
- A proven, top-notch ensemble ready to deliver polished, relentless comedy
- A team with serious momentum, drive and the directorial resources to reach the next level through Studio 40 rehearsals and stage time
- A new team with remarkable potential and a hunger for growth
- Committed to rehearsing at least once per week with a dedicated non-performing coach or director who will also attend your shows
- Responsible for packing houses throughout your 6-month run
- Excited to represent ImprovBoston as a professional, motivated, rock star team
- Show up in the green room by 630pm to check in with the host and warm up
- Dress to impress. No t-shirts, ripped jeans or sneakers. Teams are encouraged to reflect their ensemble voice with a cohesive, attractive style.
- Aggressively market your shows via social media, emails, postcards, etc
- Host Studio 40 on a regular, rotating basis
- Have your director send a monthly artistic progress report to the producer and artistic director
- Select one or two strong performers to host the night’s teams when scheduled
- Send a check-in email to all participating casts the week before your hosted show
- Provide polished, welcoming, energized audience interaction
- Supports your development by providing regular stage time, structured expectations and feedback from your producer and the Artistic Director (through your director via monthly progress reports and in occasional post-show notes).
- Helps promote your shows to the public and our community via website, postcards, social media and internal communications.
- Will offer the funniest, most motivated Studio 40 team an exclusive studio run to be scheduled after the current 6-month commitment.