3rd Grade Reading/SS
My Contact Information
Message me on Class Dojo
Here are some activities you can do at home for extra reading practice!
*Click any of the links in BLUE.
1. Please sign up for Boom Cards!
Using Boom Cards at home:
Decide where to play. Choose a phone, tablet, or laptop.
Optional for smartphone and tablets: install the free Boom Cards app.
Or go to https://boom.cards and sign up*
You play games with materials the teacher has assigned!
*To sign up, enter the class username/password and create your FREE account.
Username: mrs.ailey Password: readingrocks
2. These google forms are great reading practice! There is a short paragraph followed by 2-4 questions. You will type your name on the form and answer the questions. I will be able to check and see your responses! I really want you to give these a try and keep up your reading fluency!
3. Students can take AR tests at home, so they can get credit for the books they read at home.
Click here: AR test
4. Freckle: Class codes- Ailey: aileyw Bolton: ailey7
Login: First name and first letter of last name
5. Context Clues Digital Escape Room:
6. Identifying Theme Digital Escape Room:
7. Inference Activities:
8. Charlie and the Chocolate Factory Novel Study
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory PDF version
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory YouTube version
Here are some online quizzes for Charlie and the Chocolate Factory. Make sure you type your first and last name on the forms. I will be able to view your responses. If you come to the school during packet pick up, you will have a packet that includes questions for this novel study. These online questions are different, so you can choose if you would like to do the online version, the paper version, or both. You DO NOT have to do this online version AND the paper version. I am providing you with both resources and you can choose which one you prefer.
*Go to Boom Cards (see above) to complete extra activities while reading Charlie and the Chocolate Factory!
9. Scholastic News- You can view the new article about polar bears and view all the Scholastic News articles we have read in class this year. Click on the link and the classroom password is aileyw7496.
10. Epic! Books- Epic is offering FREE student access to their online library of 35,000 books, learning videos, quizzes, and more. You can access Epic on your smartphone, iPad, or computer. In order for you to use this free account, I will have to email you an invite. Please message me on Class Dojo or send me an email and let me know if you would like an invite.
11. Read for at least 20 minutes every day at home.
12. Keep checking my webpage for more updates on upcoming class work!