Rivercrest Jr. High School Announcements
Today (2/22/2017), Mrs. White will meet with GT students in the Auditorium from 11:15-11:45.
If you have SLT at any point during the week, even though your Colt Flex may not show it, you are still to report to the library for SLT on Wednesday’s from 11:15-11:45.
If you are in M-ILT for a class and that teacher is absent, then you should go to ILT. However, if you are in SLT, and your M-ILT teacher is absent, you should still go to SLT; the teacher's absence makes no difference.
- The Cafeteria will be the designated the Socialization Zone, during any ILT that is not during a lunch time.There will be signs showing Jr. High vs. Sr. High sides of the cafeteria. Follow the directions you are given by any adult in that area. Keep the noise down, and do not travel into the High School areas.
The Lobby will be the Socialization Zone, during any ILT that is during a
lunch time. The cafeteria will be being used for lunch. There is no way to
show this in Colt Flex. If you have questions ask your advisory teacher.
2. The Classrooms are used for teachers to meet with students that need
help. One on One, and small groups. Students are allowed to interact in these
areas. They are not quiet zones, like the library. If you do not have students in
your classroom during ILT, or you only have a few, please walk through the
hallways, and the socialization zone periodically.
3. The Library is the designated quiet zone/SLT zone. There are rules posted
(No phones, No headphones, No talking). If students do not follow them, we will
have to use ISS. If students do not show for SLT they will be sent to ISS.
On Wednesdays, All Jr. High (students and teachers) will have ILT/SLT from 11:15-11:45, and lunch from 11:45-12:15. On Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday if you don't have SLT, M-ILT or class during first lunch please eat then.
Sunflower seeds are banned. No Food is allowed in the classrooms. Only clear water, is allowed in the classrooms. No Food or drink is allowed in the auditorium at any time.
- Do not hang out in the courtyard, on the sidewalk in front of the cafeteria, or the area between the gyms, at lunch. Enter the gym, during lunch time, from the back doors only. You cannot be in any area other than the cafeteria or the gym during your lunch time. You will be considered “Out of Area” and will be written up. You cannot leave lunch and go to ILT. Lunch is lunch, ILT is ILT.
- When is lunch served? Let’s start with lunch times: Monday through Wednesday lunch can either be eaten at 11:15-11:45, or 11:45-12:15. On Thursday and Friday there are actually three lunches 11:15-11:45, 11:45-12:15, or 12:15-12:45.
- How do I decide? If you only have one gray box during lunch times, eat then. If you have multiple lunch times go to the first lunch (11:15-11:45) on Monday, Tuesday, Thursday and Friday. If you have a class or M-ILT/SLT/class during any of the lunch times, you obviously cannot eat at those times. All Jr. High teachers and students are to eat lunch at 11:45-12:15 on Wednesdays.
- Where do I go at lunch? Lunch= Cafeteria or Gym through the back doors only.
- To help with this process let’s try these procedures. If you go to lunch first, you can only exit the gym, after lunch, through the lobby doors. Coach Fleming will not let you exit out the back. If you were in ILT in any area from 11:15-11:45, and are trying to go to lunch you will not be allowed to enter the gym from the lobby. You will need to exit through the building, and go around to the back door to enter the gym. If you eat during third lunch on Thursdays and Fridays, you will need to either be in the Cafeteria or the auditorium, due to classes in the gym.
We do not change places during ILT except between Mod.’s
7th Grade Class Officers
President: Alanah Hawkins
Vice President: Sydney Harris
Secretary: Marissa Crawford
Treasurer: Takura Chew
Reporter: Ameriye Ross
Class Representative: Christina Brooks
8th Grad Class Officers
President: Caroline Booker
Vice President: Paxton Pierce
Secretary: Hailee Reeves
Reporter: Caden Austin
Class Representative: Tatiunna Burks
Student Council Officers
President: Micah Driver
Vice President: Macy Henderson
Secretary: Chloe Parnerll
Treasurer: Victoria Joiner
Media Specialist: Talyn Souders
- Students should read announcements on district webpage.
- Check Jr. ColtFlex for any changes you may have. Bookmark your account.
- Check email.
- Check grades.
- Check Google Classroom--your grade level page. Discuss what the role of a class officer would be.
- Email teacher with questions or for appointments during ILT, if needed. Remember to use appropriate language, grammar, capitalization, and sentence structure when emailing professionally. Please remember that students should REQUEST to go to a teacher’s room for advisory. Some teachers have high school ILT responsibilities and may not be available for junior high students.
- Tell advisory teacher what ILT plans are for the day.
- Discuss with your Advisory group about any concerns or questions you have about our new schedule. What do you like? Don’t like?
- Turn in handbook forms to your Advisory teacher.
Reminder: Replacement Chromebook chargers can be purchased for $10. Please see Mrs. Graham to purchase one.