Rivercrest Jr. High School Announcements
Clear Browsing Data to check Colt Flex:
- Chrome menu (three dots top right corner of Chrome)
- More tools
- Clear browsing history
- Checkmark top 4 choices
- Change drop down menu to “from the beginning of time”
- Click on Clear browsing data at the bottom
- Then, check schedule in Colt Flex
- Sunflower seeds are banned. This will be treated as a disciplinary action. Please remember, no food is to be eaten in the classrooms. The only drink allowed to be consumed in classrooms is clear water. If you have a soda etc., for lunch, keep it in your backpack until that time.
- 1/19/2017 7th, Jr., and Sr. Girls basketball vs. Harrisburg away, at 5:00.
- 1/20/2017 7th, Jr., and Sr. Boys basketball vs. Harrisburg at home, at 5:00.
- Whenever you are at first or second lunch, you are to be in the cafeteria or in the Gymnasium. When you leave the cafeteria, you are to go directly to the gymnasium, via the back doors. Do not hang out in the courtyard, on the sidewalk in front of the cafeteria, or the area between the gyms. You cannot be in any area other than the cafeteria or the gym (during your lunch time), you will be considered “Out of Area” and will be written up for it. You cannot leave lunch and go to ILT. Lunch is lunch, ILT is ILT.
- When is lunch served? Let’s start with lunch times: Monday through Wednesday lunch can either be eaten at 11:15-11:45, or 11:45-12:15. On Thursday and Friday there are actually three lunches 11:15-11:45, 11:45-12:15, or 12:15-12:45.
- How do I decide? Number one, base it on your schedule. If you have a class or M-ILT during any of the lunch times, you obviously cannot eat at that time. I would then base my decision on when the cafeteria is least full.
- Where do I go at lunch? This has not changed, for the first or second lunches. As always you will need to go eat first (don’t go to the gym and then go eat lunch). After you have finished eating, you will exit the cafeteria, and go to the Jr. High gym. You always enter the gym from the cafeteria via the doors at the back of the gym. The big difference is that you won’t be able to leave the gym to go to the Lobby for water etc during your lunch period. You will use the restrooms in the gym. The Lobby will be busy with people doing ILT.
- To help with this process let’s try these procedures. If you go to lunch first, you can only exit the gym,after lunch, through the lobby doors. Coach Fleming will not let you exit out the back. If you were in ILT in any area from 11:15-11:45 and are trying to go to lunch, you will not be allowed to enter the gym from the lobby. You will need to exit through the building and go around to the back door to enter the gym. If you eat during third lunch on Thursdays and Fridays, you will need to either be in the Cafeteria or the auditorium, due to classes in the gym.This way we are able to better track whether you are at lunch or ILT.
Lunch (During first and second lunches)= Cafeteria then the gym.
ILT (During first and second lunches)= Lobby, Library, or classrooms with teachers. I hope this helps…
- The Auditorium will be a socialization zone. This will be done so that we can clear the Lobby for Basketball season. If you use this area too much, you will eventually end up in MLT.
- The Library will be a designated quiet zone. This means that it is for reading, studying, doing homework, etc. It is not a place to go hang out and talk.
- Classrooms will be for one on one and small group instruction. Student interaction is allowed in these areas, at an acceptable level. You should email the teacher and let them know you are coming during Advisory.
- We are back to using SLT this semester. If you do not raise your scores above a 70 during M-ILT, you will be given SLT and loose all of your ILT until the score is raised.
We do not change places during ILT except between Mod.’s
7th Grade Class Officers
President: Alanah Hawkins
Vice President: Sydney Harris
Secretary: Marissa Crawford
Treasurer: Takura Chew
Reporter: Ameriye Ross
Class Representative: Christina Brooks
8th Grad Class Officers
President: Caroline Booker
Vice President: Paxton Pierce
Secretary: Hailee Reeves
Reporter: Caden Austin
Class Representative: Tatiunna Burks
Student Council Officers
President: Micah Driver
Vice President: Macy Henderson
Secretary: Chloe Parnerll
Treasurer: Victoria Joiner
Media Specialist: Talyn Souders
- Students should read announcements on district webpage.
- Check Jr. ColtFlex for any changes you may have. Bookmark your account.
- Check email.
- Check grades.
- Check Google Classroom--your grade level page. Discuss what the role of a class officer would be.
- Email teacher with questions or for appointments during ILT, if needed. Remember to use appropriate language, grammar, capitalization, and sentence structure when emailing professionally. Please remember that students should REQUEST to go to a teacher’s room for advisory. Some teachers have high school ILT responsibilities and may not be available for junior high students.
- Tell advisory teacher what ILT plans are for the day.
- Discuss with your Advisory group about any concerns or questions you have about our new schedule. What do you like? Don’t like?
- Turn in handbook forms to your Advisory teacher.
Reminder: Replacement Chromebook chargers can be purchased for $10. Please see Mrs. Graham to purchase one.