DHMN Organizational Meeting
July 23, 2012
Call to Order
Present: Paul K, Erin Q-L, Bob T-son, Mike P, Ross L, Drake Q-L, Jason K. Late arrivals:, Mark N.
Approve: Ross called
- Jason: seconded
- Vote carried
- June Balance: $392.56
- Debits: $0.00
- Credits: $311.65
- July Balance: $704.21
- Paying Memberships: 2, accruing $90 / month.
Anticipated expenses for July:
- $277.97 donation to #3DPrintCampWI
Call for accept: Ross * Seconded: Erin * Carried.
Preliminary space doc not yet ready. Erin suggested a due date before the next meeting: two weeks from today.
- Tabled Bob T-Son. will prep preliminary space doc and we will discuss next meeting.
- Tabled Paul is still working on the list of business to contact for donations and sponsorship.
- Why you want to give us money.
- With this much money we will accomplish — and your name will be all over it.
- Tool to get focus.
Should we reimburse Mike Putnam $57.75 for the pinic park shelter rental?
- Erin motioned
- Ross seconded
Summer Picnic Review: Improvements for next year
- More activities
- Better food coordination & communication
- Add allergies section to food planning
- Set a time around one meal. E.g., lunch will be around 11:30 AM.
DHMN 3D Printer
- It was discussed in Madison
Printer Use Policy Ideas
- Put some constraint, e.g. reserve credit card on return of device.
- Charge a rental fee, waived for paid-up members.
- Consumables are paid by user. Weigh before and after.
- Use Machine hour meter
- Don’t be a dick rule
- Malicious damage rider
- Novice training before use
Erin proposes Alex Hunt organize a committee to develop 3D printer policies and procedures.
Alex says two week for first draft.
Preliminary List of Do’s for Space
- Method of securing space.
- Erin: Milwaukee Makerspace used Arduino and RFID tags.
- Jason and Paul will work on system.
- Lots of cameras
- Jason will donate servers to space
- Jason: security of donations can be an item in pitch book.
- Jason: It’s time to start collecting dues from members
- Erin: Empty space in Chimera Hobbies building.
- Alex: Unused retail space might not like power tools 24/7
- Ross: Do we have a realtor who is interested in working with us?
- Ross: Do we want to go? How many people? Do we want to sponsor?
Speaking Confusion at these meetings
- Ross: should we use a speaking stick?
Move to Adjourn: Erin