Fife Milton Edgewood Junior Soccer Club
Minutes of February Meeting
Open the Meeting
Attendance of Chairpersons/Officers: Tom Kolokithas, Travis Hull, Jenn Killmer, Diedre Feinauer, Darcy Hobbs, Nick de la Cruz, Cy Palmer, Bobbie de la Cruz, Kaylynn Poplawski, Dale Speaks
Excused: Danelle Rempfer, Ryan Johnson, Jesse Poplawski
Not Present: Carolyn Sinay, Cy Palmer
President- Tom Kolokithas
- SCA - Sudden Cardiac Arrest - 15 min video all coaches will have to watch, then you have to report info to your parents and they have to sign a form. We will send out an email with instructions and the video within the next week. U10 and under signed by parents, U11+ signed by player. This is sent down from the state of WA.
- Coach info - if you need anything let us know. Email the person on the board. If you can’t get ahold of the person email or call Tom.
- Kids can only play 1 year up. They will no longer allow 2 year play ups.
- Fill the Classroom - Fife School district is doing collection for school supplies. FMEJSC donated $200. If you know of any other worthy events let us know.
Vice President- Travis Hull
- TPCJSA meeting – meeting tomorrow night
Secretary – Jenn Killmer
- Minutes of 7/15/15 Meeting – Jolene Moves, Sharon seconds. Approved
- Meeting attendance - there has been an issue with coaches coming, signing in and leaving without staying for the meeting. To remain in good standing each team must have a rep attend the entire meeting. If they do not stay the whole time the team will not get credit.
- New Coaches Meeting - we are having a meeting tomorrow (Thursday) for new coaches. It will recap what we covered in today’s meeting, plus go over what new coaches need to know about games, schedules, etc.
Treasurer – OPEN
- Per Travis - books have been reconciled until July 31st -- we are on budget.
- Trying to get 3rd party review. New Tres @ TPCJSA is looking into protocol. Once we get their recommendations we will proceed. Once that is done we will evaluate Tres candidates
Registrar – Diedre Feinauer, (Asst Registrar - Bobbie de la Cruz)
- Per Diedre Bobbie is doing report.
- Report per Bobbie
- Background Checks - all coaches U6-U12 background checks go thorough WA RMA website Bobbie emailed out. Background checks for other sports you coach does not count. U13-U15 Rec has to email Bobbie the confirmation number. PSPL and PSRL teams have to upload all the Birth Cets and Pics before they can give cards. This needs to be done by Tuesday
- 2 more Keeper sessions, we cancelled last week due to weather and added another session
- Per Tom -- everyone working with team needs to have background check, not just coaching staff. Even team moms and carpool drivers.
Game Chair – Danelle Rempfer
- Not present - report per Jenn
- Fall Practice Schedules - new schedules will be live by the end of the week.
- Lighted field times have been assigned to teams U10 and up. Younger teams may request lighted field time on an individual basis. Spring teams may also request time if needed.
- Remember all practice fields have 2 teams at a time
- Fife HS - drainage work going on, please be respectful to not disrupt their work.
- FJF will be practicing in the far baseball field at Fife HS. There will be a lot of traffic and lots of people in a small area.
- Scrimage time is available at SLMS. Email Danelle if interested.
- Game Schedules - still waiting on different associations to give us home game dates so we can do schedule. Likely will get info around Labor Day weekend. If you have specific schedule concerns email Danelle.
- Season starts weekend of 9/12.
Training Director – Darcy Hobbs
- Keeper Training - 1st session goes through Aug 28th
- U6-U9 Academy - 27th will be at Endeavor, then remaining will be at CJH.
- U10/11 Tactical Training - started last week, doing well.
- Any team looking for a Coach mentor let Darcy know.
Fields Chair – Nick de la Cruz
- Field lining for upcoming season - Weekend before Labor Day, will get some volunteers when it gets closer.
- New goals for U9 are up. Ordering a new full size goal for High School. Sizes are consistent with WYS regulations.
- Field Maintenance - Once game schedules are set he will do a field maintenance schedule. Friday nights are the best time to line fields.
- Lock boxes will be filled week prior to first games. He will send an email with combo for lock. If supplies are low email fields chair.
- Question on safety issues on fields. Some big potholes at Fife. Per Nick email fields and games chair. If we can fix it we will, if they won’t let us we will have them do it.
Referees – Cy Palmer
- FME entry level Ref Clinic is 8/29 - register now to get your online modules done.
- FME Ref meeting will be on 9/2
- Scholarship money for ref’s. Contact Tom or Travis if you know a family.
- If you need help paying for ref’s for scrimmage let Tom and Travis know.
Equipment – Jesse Poplawski
- Per Jenn -- all equipment should have been handed out. MOD team players keep balls and just turn in cones, bags, and goals
Uniforms – Kaylynn Poplawski
- Uniform handout tonight. All uniforms ordered in complete team sets - all to roster max. Should not need any additional uniforms for team, email Kaylynn if issues.
- Old Uniforms are here for coaches to take. All remaining will be donated.
Turkey Jamboree/Ways&Means – Ryan Johnson
- Not present, report per Jenn
- Sounders Tickets will be sold at August and September meetings and Pic day. If you want to purchase some now email Ryan.
- Tacoma Stars Fundraising - Nikki here, group event coordinator for Tacoma Stars, they are a professional indoor soccer team. Plays at Showhere center in Kent. Offering an FME night at Tacoma Stars game, get kids on field, walk out with players, pre-game scrimmage, lots of interactive stuff. They will ask us to commit to a specific number of tickets, FME will make $5 per ticket. Once they have full schedule, Nov-Feb.
- If you have any fundraiser ideas please email Ryan
- TJ is 11/21-22, registration opens 9/28
Webmaster – Dale Speaks
- Web page for parents - creating good parent info. Called Parents Corner
- Email forwarding - you can email entire board at email@example.com, eboard only is firstname.lastname@example.org
- Document naming - he will get that done
- Web updates - doing more frequently
- Volunteer Spot - if you are using this he can tie it into corporate if you want
- Pics for Website - send any tournament pictures to webmaster to post.
- Club History - any club Hx info give to Dale. He is trying to put a Hx page together for the website
Picture – Carolyn Sinay
- Picture day will be 9/19/15 - packets will be handed out at Sept meeting
- Was asked if you had to do pics on 9/19. Jenn states we prefer to do on scheduled pic day. If you cannot do 9/19 talk to other coaches, if you can get over 5 teams willing to come on the same night it will be more cost-effective for pic people to do an off night. Likely won’t be able to do for just one team. Any inquires about that email Carolyn.
- Coaches Shirts handout - all Coaches and Asst Coaches get a Tshirt. If you were not at the June or July meeting you can sign up for a shirt tonight and we will give it to you at the September meeting.
- Kamrey Russ Donation - Kamrey Russ is a Wa Premier player and her dad is a Wa Premier Coach. Kamrey is 15 years old and just diagnosed with a rare form of Liver Cancer and is at the Mayo Clinic awaiting a transplant. Jenn moves we donate $250 to the Kamrey’s Cancer Aid. Dale seconds, approved.
For the Good of the Game:
Motion to Adjourn – Bobbie
2nd – Dale
Adjourned 7:37 pm
Next Meeting Date is: Wednesday, September 9th, 2015
Members Present: Tom Kolokithas (President, GU8 Diamonds, BU14 Breakers), Travis Hull (VP, GU8 Pumas, GU12 Fusion), Jenn Killmer (Secretary, GU9 Dragonflies, BU18 Xtreme), Diedre Feinauer (Registrar), Darcy Hobbs (Training, BU13 Xtreme), Nick de la Cruz (Fields, BU13 Xtreme), Bobbie de la Cruz (Asst Reg, BU13 Xtreme, U6 Fireballs), Kaylynn Poplawski (Uniforms, GU12 Fusion), Dale Speaks (Web, BU15 Xcel), Jenny Stansfield (GU13 Fusion), Tiffany Brown (BU9 Jammers), Sharon Hemphill (BU16 FME Xtreme), Nicholas Thorton (BU12 Blasters, BU18 Impulse), Clint Thayer (BU10 Avengers), Ricky McElwain (GU18 Fusion), Doug Nelson (BU12 Barracudas), Maria Nelson (BU9 Kickers), Cory Carter (BU7 Firestorm), Charles Amaral (GU18 Phoenix, GU8 Hornets), Dave Dorn (GU18 Phoenix), Nate Moore (GU14 Fusion), Ted Glasco (BU14 Breakers), Josh Rodero (BU8 Sparks), Bill Cope (BU9 Crush, GU9 Fire, GU11 Tigers, GU12 Galaxy), Dawni Chavis (BU10 Twisters), Angel Atrovsrov (BU15 Shockers, BU13 Titans), Hans Bjorn (BU7 Warriors, GU10 WildCats), Jennifer Watkins (BU11 Xtreme), Gina Oren (GU9 Fire), Tony Accetturo (BU10 Cobras), Laverne Manolovitz (GU11 Fusion), Justice Georgitsis (BU16 Dynamos), Don Vondran (GU16 Renegades), Tom Pierson (GU14 Fusion), Kristine Phillips (GU11 Wings, BU13 Quakes, GU10 Rascals), Stan Baranov (BU14 Arsenal), Ivan Berezuyou (BU9 Hurricanes), Elde Sawyer (GU11 Tigers), Dion Bertch (BU11 Sharks), Tracy Mitchell (BU7 Mitchell), Jolene Froembling (GU17 Fusion), Tony Carl (BU8 Chargers)
8/20 New Coaches Meeting: Ariel Despres (U6 Panthers), Bri Knodel (GU7 Stallions), Jennifer Garcia (U6 Hawks), Arielle Chaney GU9 Sliders), Ron Jenkins (BU7 Mudsharks), Sunnie Gardenhire (BU7 Bulldogs), Carrie Small (GU9 Sidekicks), Tracy Mitchell (BU7 Mitchell), Shawn Wagner (GU7 Little Minions), Danny Klumper (U6 Leapin Lizzards), Ciara Vickers (GU7 Rush), Karie Jacobson (U6 Flyers), Kelly Dunham (BU8 Chaos), Jamie Waller (BU7 Wombats), Paul Lynch (U6 Dragons), Troy Anderson (BU7 Thunder), JT Marquart (BU8 Voltage), Ken Croy (GU8 Mustangs)
Please excuse any incorrect spellings of names. ☺