PURPOSE: The Music Director is to plan and organize year round music with the Senior Pastor and to ensure that special events and concerts for the church and wider community are done annually. Music Director is to oversee the Music budget in consultation with Music Committee. The Music Director is responsible to recruit/hire volunteers and guest musicians.
SUPERVISION: All Music Staff
HOURS: This is a part-time year round position.
COMPENSATION: $25.00 per hour, average of 12-13 hours monthly based on the candidate’s experience and training. ( Approximately $4,000 annual salary)
SAFE CHURCH TRAINING: As part of our church’s commitment to the best practices for the care and safety of all children, a background check is required and Safe Church Training is provided.
- Select appropriate music and maintain music files
- Attend monthly Music Committee meetings (Wednesday evenings at 8:30 PM or Sundays 11:30 AM) .
- Maintain Music budget
- Order additional music as needed
- Recruit and schedule guest musicians as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- A faith-filled person who is passionate about spiritual formation for all ages.
- A self-starter with strong leadership skills and the ability to organize and prioritize work, and meet deadlines.
- A person with strong verbal, written, interpersonal skills, who has the ability to communicate with and inspire the other members of our excellent team of volunteers and staff.
- A natural teacher with a loving heart, compassionate spirit and a really good sense of humor because we want this to be fun.
- A person with Musical skills
- A person with the ability to lead in brief devotions and prayer.
Email your resume and cover letter to Rev. Dr. Lillian Daniel, Senior Pastor email@example.com