School Leadership Team
Meeting Date: 11/24/15
Meeting Date: 10/27/15
- 4:00 motion to call the meeting
- CEP goals finalized
- Harvest festival 330-530 5.00 pre-k and K must join us in the festivities. All other students can be picked up and dropped off.
- Conferences are on Nov 5th and book fair will be going on during them. 12:30-2:30/ 5:30 to 8.
- Building tour great success!!!! Extremely positive parent involvement. Many stayed for questions.
- Bring males to school great turnout. They were lined up around the corner.
- Attendance meeting Lateness!!! Huge problem, we will be starting Every child everyday. Wake up NY. And School mentors will be given to help both teachers and parents.
- Overview parent professional learning programs: month to month open forums maybe a meeting can be held on IEPs (how to read) and what an ICT classroom looks like, what is a choice district?? Meeting for 5th grade. Think central information meeting. Explaining Pre-k by Mrs. Marini.
- Game night for the parents
- Outside recess/ play works- classes are trying to learn the games and moving between classes instead of staying with their class. It is working out beautifully all kids are having so much fun.
- Queens college-stage program will be an after school program offered to about 40 kids.
- Picture day- for seniors changed to February.
- Breast cancer walk nov 8th flushing meadows- tee shirts 20.00 -10.00 for donation and 10.00 shirt.
Meeting Date: 9/15/15
- 4:00 motion to open meetings.
- Welcome of new members
- Elaina Mandel new recorder
- Review of meeting rules-don't respond with "yes but...."
- All decisions are agreed to and all about the child. We were given guidelines.
- CEP goals reviewed and how were they developed.
- 4th grade ballroom dancing started.... Felix is back
- Great family read aloud- we welcome all parents and open to any family member.
- Best prep academy... Tutoring/ enrolled how many students????
- Queens college..... Student teachers in upper grades will begin
- science raphells grant, foundation to bring science alive. It's now in the entire school, children get great college experience.
- Every student everyday- program to encourage students to be on time and in school.
- PBIS- each action that's great positive behavior. Penguin pesos- individual reward system that will help good behavior and trade it in for prizes.
- Recess program- play works and they had training in the summer. No child is sitting out.
- After school queens college- enrichment for whole school - 2 programs to have as many children will join and rotating.
- Queens college meet the author- great way to get in with the community/ very cute book and enjoyable for all the kids.
- Dance studio- new full time teacher, floor put down, and bar will be put up.
- New staff members- dance/guidance/5th-2nd-1st- kindergarten/gym teacher.
- Walk for life-oct. 23rd Mrs. Yu sending out fliers.
- Dad to school day- sept. 30th many activities many activities will be offered.
- Read over CEPS goals to revise.
- Pta representative- uniform sales, box tops will start and change a little- each class will get several mths to collect. Each student gets a sheet and have them bring back once a mth.
- Picture day oct 27th. Notes to go home. Seniors get separate pictures and in December they have cap and gown pictures.
- Parent conference folders are what we should be putting into folders to prepare for conferences.
- Harvest day dance 30th?????
- Attendance/time sheets sheets will come next meeting.
- Bullying workshop for parents about technology concerns. App safety?