Questions? email John Walje IV - (808) 305-9000
Wheeler Middle School is proud to have an extracurricular sports program. The LOA Program (Learning Opportunities Academy) may include the following sports: cheerleading, volleyball, basketball, soccer and track. Usually there is one team for cheerleading and track, two teams for soccer, and four teams for volleyball and basketball – 6th/7th grade girls, 6th/7th grade boys, 8th grade girls, and 8th grade boys.
Typically, the seasons are as follows:
• Cheerleading (throughout the year)
• Volleyball (1st & 2nd Quarter)
• Basketball (2nd & 3rd Quarter)
• Soccer (3rd & 4th Quarter)
• Track (4th Quarter)
Announcements for tryouts are placed in the school’s morning bulletin. Games are scheduled among middle school teams in Central District.
Any student may try out for a team; those selected must pay their student dues and maintain a 2.0 (or higher) grade point average, with passing grades in all classes and an “S” in exploratory wheel. Grade checks are to be done on a regular basis during the sports season.
It is a privilege for students to represent the school; consequences for academic and behavioral infractions, including suspension, range from game ineligibility to dismissal from the team.
The following is the Soccer Schedule for this season.
2018 Wheeler Middle Soccer Schedule
March 3 at Leilehua High
12:00pm - Moanalua v Wheeler (Girls)
1:00pm - Moanalua v Wheeler (Boys)
March 10 at Moanalua High
10:00am - Mililani v Wheeler (Girls)
11:00am - Mililani v Wheeler (Boys
March 31 at Mililani High
12:00pm - Wahiawa v Wheeler (Girls)
1:00pm - Wahiawa v Wheeler (Boys)
April 14 at Waialua High
12:00pm - Wheeler v Aliamanu (Girls)
1:00pm - Wheeler v Aliamanu (Boys)
April 21 at Leilehua High
8:00am - Wheeler v Waialua (Girls)
9:00am - Wheeler v Waialua (Boys)
1. 25 min halves; 4 mins half time; 6 mins between games
2. If the game is tied, NO shoot out.
3. Each Middle School will provide 2 game balls.
4. Middle schools must retrieve all balls.
5. Games must be played with 7-11 players. Less than 7 players, games will be forfeited. No mixing of genders.
6. Shoe and shin guards are required.
7. Goalkeeper must have a different color jersey. Bring your school "pennies" to every game. 4 schools have blue in their color.
8. Yellow card - Player must leave the field; may be substituted for; can return to the game.
Yellow/red card - Player must leave the game; cannot be substituted for; cannot return to the game.
Red card - Same as above; out the next game.
9. Trainer will be available for injuries.
10. Middle school are responsible for their own water. NO sports drinks; gum; or food allowed at all sites.