The Science of Life
The Science of Organisms
The Study of Human Life
- Reading assignments must be outlined in one color of pen and class notes written in using a different color of pen. Random outline checks will be done regularly for a homework grade. If there is no outline from a reading assignment then a 0% will be recorded and a homework slip given.
- Homework questions and worksheets must be answered using blue or black pen.
- All work must be kept in a three-ringed binder designated for Biology class only and will be graded on test days for two homework grades: 100% for all reading and class notes, problems, worksheets, and handouts ; or a 0% if any of the aforementioned items are not included.
- All in-class grading must be completed in green ink and each student must write their name on the bottom of the assignment they are grading.
25%-Homework (Accuracy and completion):
- Section and Chapter Review Questions
- Chapter Tests
- Research Paper
Essay: The Scientific Method (Quiz Grade)--
- August 28, 2017: Essays Introduced
- September 1, 2017: Essay Due
Essay: Biologists (Quiz Grade)--
- September 11, 2017: Essay Introduced and Biological Technique Chosen
- September 13, 2017: Minimum Two Sources Due In Class
- September 20, 2017: Essay Due
Cell Cake (Quiz Grade)--
- September 18, 2017: Candy Choosen
- September 21, 2017: Candy Due In Class
- September 22, 2017: Cell Cake Decorating
Essay: Genetic Disorder (Test Grade)--
- October 18, 2017: Scientific topic chosen in class.
- October 23, 2017: Minimum three sources due in class.
- October 23-27, 2017: Two-page minimum essay completed in class.
- October 30, 2017: Typed or written essay due in class.
Research Paper (Two Test Grades)--
- January 3, 2018-List of topics compiled in class
- January 8, 2018-Topic Due
- January 15-19, 2018-In-class Workdays
- January 19, 2018-Outline Due
- January 26, 2018-25 Notecards Due
- January 31, 2018-In-class Workday
- February 2, 2018-25 Notecards Due (Total-50)
- February 7, 2018-In-class Workday
- February 9, 2018-25 Notecards Due (Total-75)
- February 14, 2018-In-class Workday
- February 16, 2018-25 Notecards Due (Total-100) and Working Bibliography
- February 21, 2018-In-class Workday
- February 28, 2018-First Half of Rough Draft Due
- March 7, 2018-Second Half of Rough Draft Due
- March 9, 2018-In-class Workday
- March 12, 2018-Personal Proofreading Signature Due
- March 16, 2018-Two Proofreading Signatures, Typed Title Page, Outline, Pledge Page and Bibliography Due
- March 30, 2018-Research Paper Due