Stand up Paddle
Trailhead will provide:
*required equipment as per the Canadian Coast guard
What to bring:
Please read the following equipment list carefully, as it indicates what you will need to bring with you to your paddling session. Items listed are weather dependent so please use your best judgment. Many people choose to wear swimsuits for our summer SUP course.
Please note that there are no washrooms or change room facilities at any of our paddling locations.
· Eyeglass retainer strap if you wear glasses.
· Sunscreen: waterproof, sweat-proof, SPF 30 or higher.
· Lip sunblock.
· Sunglasses. Include a strap to secure them.
· Drinking water.
· Camera (water resistant/proof is best in a waterproof container or sack).
· Comfortable, quick-dry shorts/swimming suit.
· If it’s cool and/or sunny, a long sleeve UPF-rated swim shirt or rashguard. A long sleeved workout style shirt would also work
· Hat for sun, rain, or warmth, depending on the weather. A broad-brimmed hat works best.
· Windbreaker (e.g., nylon jacket that can shed the wind).
· A change of footwear for wearing before and after paddling, such as a trail running shoe, light hiking shoe, closed toe sandal.
· Watershoe/sandal for when on the water (going barefoot is an option).
· A change of clothes and towel for the drive home.