List of Occupations Involving Physics (From p. 14 of the text):
- Atmospheric Physics
- Nuclear and High Energy Physics (HEP)
- Applied Physics
- Write a logical, comprehensive essay on the scientific topic of your choosing from the list above. Follow the “Writing an A-Grade Essay” plan previously studied to write your essay.
- Must be a minimum of 600 words in length and no longer than 800 words..
- Final draft is due Wednesday, September 20, 2017 - typed (font Times New Roman, size 12) or handwritten neatly with no cross-outs and in blue or black ink.
- A written or typed bibliography of at least two sources (not including your textbook) used in the essay must accompany the report. If a bibliography is not included at the end of the essay, overall grading will begin at an 81%.
- No report cover needed. Simply staple the cover sheet, essay, outline, and bibliography in the top, left-hand corner.
- Include the page of your brainstorming ideas and a completed “Essay Checklist” with your final copy.
- September 11, 2017: Occupation chosen in class.
- September 13, 2017: Minimum two sources due in class.
- September 20, 2017: Essay due in class.
- This essay will count as one test grade and will be graded on the following criteria:
- Scientific Content