PROJECT: Research Paper
- A 1,500 word research paper will be written on a chosen, scientific topic.
- Information can be gathered from periodicals, pamphlets, books, internet sources, etc, with a minimum of 7 to a maximum of 10 sources used. At least two of the sources must be books.
- A total of 100 notecards must be completed by Friday, February 17, 2017.
- The second rough draft must be proofread by two, English-speaking adults. The proofreaders must then sign on the rough draft that they have read it. These two signatures are due by Wednesday, March 15, 2017.
- The Final Draft must follow these guidelines:
- Typed in 12 point, Times New Roman font
- Double-spaced throughout
- The entire paper's set-up is to follow the guidelines in your English book and should include the following:
- Title Page
- Final Outline with Thesis Statement
- Final Draft of Paper
- A 100% will be given if the assignments are completed and handed in on the specific due dates listed below under Schedule and if the student brings information to work on on assigned workdays. A 0% will be given if the student fails to meet either one of these criteria or fails to bring in work materials on workdays. At the end of the research paper these grades will be averaged together and will count as one Test Grade for the project.
- Your paper will then be given to your English teacher to be graded for a Test Grade in your English class.
GRADING (Two Test Grade):
- The first test grade will consist of an average of all assignment completion grades as listed in Requirements above.
- The second test grade will be of the contents and mechanics of the research paper itself.
- January 4, 2017-List of topics compiled in class
- January 9, 2017-Topic Due
- January 16-20, 2017-In-class Workdays
- January 20, 2017-Outline Due
- January 27, 2017-25 Notecards Due
- February 1, 2017-In-class Workday
- February 3, 2017-25 Notecards Due (Total-50)
- February 8, 2017-In-class Workday
- February 10, 2017-25 Notecards Due (Total-75)
- February 15, 2017-In-class Workday
- February 17, 2017-25 Notecards Due (Total-100) and Working Bibliography
- February 22, 2017-In-class Workday
- February 27, 2017-First Half of Rough Draft Due
- March 1, 2017-In-class Workday
- March 8, 2017-Second Half of Rough Draft Due
- March 15, 2017-Two Proofreading Signatures Due
- March 31, 2017-In-Class Workday; Typed Title Page, Outline, and Bibliography Due
- April 7, 2017-Research Paper Due