CampHERO– Volunteer Job Description – Incident Commander
Title: Incident Commander *Position may be shared
Reports to: Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council CEO
Compensation: Unpaid Volunteer
Term & Hours: Pre-camp training, orientations and meetings. During camp on-site during assigned shifts. Post-camp meetings and reporting. It is preferred that the Incident Commander be the same person for an entire session, but not required.
Coordinate, direct and supervise CampHERO staff, volunteers and campers during camp.
All Volunteers must:
- Be at least 18 years of age.
- Have a current Volunteer Application on file which includes an annual background check.
- Complete the CampHERO orientation and training appropriate to position.
- Be able to work with people of diverse backgrounds.
- Have strong communication and organizational skills and ability to maintain accurate records.
- Adhere to all policies, standards and procedures for GSUSA, Girl Scouts of Wisconsin-Badgerland Council and CampHERO.
- Fulfill the duties listed in the appropriate volunteer position description.
Examples of Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee all CampHERO planning, operations, logistics and administration on-site during assigned camp shifts.
- Directly supervise volunteers and staff.
- Conduct daily command staff briefing.
Other Job Requirements:
- Be or become a registered member of the Girl Scouts of the USA.
- Current valid driver’s license.
- Expertise in the protective services.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
To apply complete the CampHERO Volunteer Profile and Authorization for Background Check.