WHITE HAT CODE OF ETHICS
Code of Ethics Preamble:
Safety of the commonwealth, duty to our principals, and to each other requires that we adhere, and be seen to adhere, to the highest ethical standards of behavior. Therefore, strict adherence to this code is a condition of laboratory admission.
Code of Ethics Canons:
· Act honorably, honestly, justly, responsibly, and legally.
· Provide diligent and competent service to principals.
· Protect society, the commonwealth, and the infrastructure.
· Advance and protect the profession.
The following additional guidance is given in furtherance of these goals.
Protect society, the commonwealth, and the infrastructure
· Promote and preserve public trust and confidence in information and systems.
· Promote the understanding and acceptance of prudent information security measures.
· Preserve and strengthen the integrity of the public infrastructure.
· Discourage unsafe practice.
Act honorably, honestly, justly, responsibly, and legally
· Tell the truth; make all stakeholders aware of your actions on a timely basis.
· Observe all contracts and agreements, express or implied.
· Treat all constituents fairly. In resolving conflicts, consider public safety and duties to principals, individuals, and the profession in that order.
· Give prudent advice; avoid raising unnecessary alarm of giving unwarranted comfort.
· Take care to be truthful, objective, cautious, and within your competence.
· When resolving differing laws in different jurisdictions, give preference to the laws of the jurisdiction in which you render your service.
Provide diligent and competent service to principals
· Preserve the value of their systems, applications, and information.
· Respect their trust and the privileges that they grant you.
· Avoid conflicts of interest or the appearance thereof.
· Render only those services for which you are fully competent and qualified.
Advance and protect the profession
· Sponsor for professional advancement those best qualified.
· All other things equal, prefer those who are certified and who adhere to these canons.
· Avoid professional association with those whose practices or reputation might diminish the profession.
· Take care not to injure the reputation of other professionals through malice or indifference.
· Maintain your competence; keep your skills and knowledge current. Give generously of your time and knowledge in training others.
Student Agreement Form:
I agree to:
I agree to NOT:
Failure to adhere to the above statements may cause a reductions of grade and based upon the severity of the case may causes the failure of a class and possible suspension from this college.