South American Country Float
World Geography Project
- Any South American country pictured on p. 241 of the textbook, World Geography in Christian Perspective
- Create a shoebox float for the South American country of your choosing. Be sure to include any or all of the following information on the float:
- Name of country
- Outline of country with capital
- Prominent saying
- Prominent Architecture or Tourist Sites
- Animal, flower, etc.
- Historical and/or Important Political Figures
- This brochure must be colorful, labeled correctly and creatively displayed using a shoebox brought into school by November 30, 2017.
- An example of a float can be found below.
- All students may use any of the art supplies in Mrs. Smith’s classroom or supplies brought from home.
*On Monday, December 4th, a shoebox and information on the chosen South American country must be brought and left in the classroom, so that once homework is completed then each student may work on their project. Projects may be stored in Mrs. Smith’s classroom and taken to Study Hall to be worked on once all other homework is completed per the discretion of the Study Hall teacher.
- November 30, 2017: South American Country Chosen
- December 4, 2017: Shoe Box and Country Information Due in Class
- December 18, 2017: Float Due
- Students will be graded on the creativity and neatness of their float
- This grade will count as the one test grade.
Example (from findingtimetocreate.blogspot.com):