The New Jersey Homebrew Club of the Year will be awarded to the club that earns the most points in the state’s three AHA/BJCP beer competitions. The award will be presented annually at the New Jersey State Fair in August.
- Motown Mash (hosted by MASH in October/November)
- The Maifest Competition (hosted by NJ HOPZ in May)
- The New Jersey State Fair (hosted by SCUBA in July)
- The annual season begins with Motown Mash and ends with the NJ State Fair, and the Cup is awarded at the NJ State Fair awards ceremony. The season does not coincide with the calendar year.
- 1st place medal - 5 points
- 2nd place medal - 3 points
- 3rd place medal - 1 point
- Best of Show 1st place - 9 points
- Best of Show 2nd place - 7 points
- Best of Show 3rd place - 5 points
- Brewers Choice or other BOS style award - 5 points
- (all BOS style award points are ADDITIONAL to any place medal points)
- The most 1st place medals followed by most 2nd place followed by most 3rd place.
- Any club is eligible for participation.
- A club is defined as a group of two or more people who identify under the same club name in the entry registration of a qualifying competition.
- For a club to be eligible in the rankings, points must be earned by MORE THAN ONE brewer who lists that club. That is, at least two entries submitted by different brewers under the same club name must earn points. Co-brewers are not taken into consideration for this requirement. If all points under a club name are earned by only the same brewer, the club is not eligible for the award.
- Only a single club name listed by the brewer who registers the entry will earn points. Clubs listed by co-brewers will not earn points. No entry may earn points for more than one club.
- In the case of an entry that lists multiple clubs, only the first club listed will earn points.
- All entries must comply with the rules of the particular competition into which they are entered. In the case of conflict, rules on this page supercede the rules of the particular competition.
- All points will be tracked and posted by competition organizers based upon the official published results of the competitions.
Award: To be determined...