FACE OFF | Saturdays at 10pm in the Mainstage
To provide a high quality, weekly improvisational comedy show that is fast-paced, audience accessible, artistically satisfying (to cast and crowd), and commercially viable. Face Off is committed to offering New England’s premiere competitive improvisational comedy show.
- Perform in high-quality, smart, fast-paced and competitive shows that are accessible to your audience, weekly, with the full marketing, resource and creative support of ImprovBoston.
- Commit to the growth of your show and your cast. This means contributing actively to the evolution of Face Off, to accept and support the final decisions of the director, and to respect the artistic opinions of other performers.
- Eagerly support your castmates onstage and off who will, in turn, support you.
- Collaborate with professional tech directors, music directors and house staff, provided by ImprovBoston for every performance
- Rehearse for two and a half (2.5) hours once per week, in a rehearsal space in Central Square that ImprovBoston provides for free.
- Hold yourself to the high performance standards of Face Off, which is regarded as one of the premiere resident casts at ImprovBoston. Commit to your individual growth as an improviser.
- Hold yourself to attendance standards for rehearsals, and to not exceed five (5) absences during the period between auditions.
- Cast members must be available a minimum of 2 Saturdays a month for performances
- Attendance is required at the previous Tuesday’s rehearsal in order to participate in the show on the coming Saturday. Failure to do so will result in being ineligible to perform in the show.
- Contribute to the promotion of the show via social media and in the participation in cast photo shoots and other such activities to be articulated by the director.
- Be a supportive member of the Face Off ensemble, a positive leader in the community, and an active ambassador of ImprovBoston.
- Respect your cast mates, their time, and the history of the show you are performing in. Make an effort to be completely present physically and mentally at every rehearsal and every performance.
- Treat your position on the cast with a high level of professionalism, and play to have fun.
- The dedication of a fully invested director along with the oversight and guidance of the Artistic Director and Managing Director of ImprovBoston.
- Comp tickets for guests of performers in the show that evening (as per ImprovBoston comp policy).
- Stand-by comp tickets to most other ImprovBoston shows.
- Discounted enrollment in select comedy school classes, masterclasses and electives.
- Online recognition through cast lists, headshots, bios and links you provide.
- Support from ImprovBoston in basic production elements (such as jerseys, trophies, etc).
- Discounted soda, water, snacks at ImprovBoston bar.