FACE OFF | Saturday at 10pm in the Mainstage
To provide a high quality, weekly improvisational comedy show that is audience accessible, artistically satisfying (to cast and crowd), and commercially viable. Face Off is committed to offering New England’s premiere competitive improvisational comedy show.
- The opportunity to perform weekly, with the full marketing, resource and creative support of ImprovBoston.
- A commitment to refine the show in accordance with both cast and theater goals towards that end.
- Scheduled professional technical crew, house staff and music director for each show.
- The dedication of a fully invested director along with the oversight and guidance of the Artistic Director and Managing Director of ImprovBoston.
- To rehearse for two and a half (2.5) hours once per week, in a rehearsal space in Central Square that ImprovBoston provides for free.
- To be held to the high performance standards of Face Off, which is regarded as one of the premiere resident casts at ImprovBoston.
- To be held to attendance standards for rehearsals, and to not exceed six (6) absences during the period between auditions.
- To contribute actively to the evolution of Face Off, to accept and support the final decisions of the director, and to respect the artistic opinions of other performers.
- To contribute to the promotion of the show via social media and in the participation in cast photo shoots and other such activities to be articulated by the director.
- To be a supportive member of the Face Off ensemble, a positive leader in the community, and an active ambassador of ImprovBoston.
- Comp tickets for guests of performers in the show that evening (as per ImprovBoston comp policy).
- Stand-by comp tickets to most other ImprovBoston shows.
- Discounted enrollment in select comedy school classes, masterclasses and electives.
- Online recognition through cast lists, headshots, bios and links you provide.
- Support from ImprovBoston in basic production elements (such as jerseys, trophies, etc).
- Discounted soda, water, snacks at ImprovBoston bar.