Morning Hall Monitor – 8:15 – 12:25
Keep the Co-op emergency cell phone with you – please turn it on at the beginning of the co-op day. This is for incoming calls only.
- Put on your orange vest for easy identification.
- You have the authority to remind anyone of co-op rules.
- Find the appropriate name tag in the co-op hall monitor notebook. Please wear as a reminder of your responsibilities.
- Hall monitor duty is not a time to visit with other parents.
- Most importantly, stand by entry doors as children are picked up between classes and at lunch. NO children are to wait outside. They may leave when they see their parent drive up.
- During each class hour, check restrooms to make sure there is plenty of toilet paper and paper towels, and replace if necessary. (Ask a student worker if help is needed in replacing paper goods.) Make sure all toilets are flushed, and ensure general cleanliness of both bathrooms.
- At the end of the third hour, do not allow children to open the lunch room door before 11:35 or before the class using the gym is finished.
- During lunch, stand in foyer to monitor doors and check hallways occasionally to make sure they are empty.
- Monitor both boys’ and girls’ bathrooms during lunch time. Children should not play in the bathrooms but should return to the lunch room ASAP.
- Children must stay in the lunchroom the entire lunch hour for safety reasons, unless they have permission to use the restroom.
- Children are not allowed in the art room/kitchen during lunch and may not use the microwave or refrigerator.
- Any children who come in the building for afternoon classes (before lunch has ended) should go to the gym and wait to be dismissed with everyone else.
- No students should be in classrooms during lunch time.
- Eat before or after your duty.
- You and the lunch duty parents are responsible for all children during this time.