3 Easy Ways To Modernize Your Website
The Worksheet by AssetLab.us
This worksheet is part of a training program available for FREE on http://AssetLab.us. Assetlab creates websites, website hosting, professional services, and website/internet training.
The three easy ways to modernize your website are:
- Use better pictures
- Become mobile friendly
- Calm down the look and feel
This worksheet is your planning guide for implementing these strategies. Use it and feel free to connect with us at AssetLab.us if you need help or have questions.
#1 Use Better Pictures
- I understand that great pictures help visitors feel a connection to my mission
- List three to get pictures from the events, programs, or services my company provides
- I understand that pictures on the internet are not free and that I need a license to use them
- I have visited http://UnSplash.com to see the FREE pictures that are available
- I have done a http://flickr.com search of Commercial Use images to see what is available
- I have visited http://pixlr.com/editor to give this image editing tool a once-over
- I have checked out http://canva.com to see how easy it is to create graphics with pictures
Write down three actions you can take with pictures on your website:
Keep going on the next page...
#2 Become Mobile Friendly
- I understand that more than 50% of internet users are on mobile
- I understand that mobile-friendly websites get higher search results positions on Google
- I have tested my website for mobile friendliness on Google
- My website is:
Mobile Friendly Not Mobile Friendly
- If not, I know how to update my theme to make it mobile friendly or I have visited http://AssetLab.us and contacted Jeff to find out what it would take
Write down the date you’re going to update the theme or contact Jeff:
#3 Calm down the look and feel
- I understand that simple website design and light colors with black text are in-style, easier to read, and keep people on my website longer
- I understand that row-based layouts are better than column-based ones for the same reason
- Circle one:
I Need To Improve I’m Already Good
- If you need to improve, what are the three actions you are going to take and list dates!
That’s it, you’re on your way to a more modern website that your visitors will love. Stay focused on actions and in no time you will have a much better website experience. And remember, this is about your visitors and what they want, not what you think they want!
Guru @ AssetLab