SST Survey - All About Food

From the 15th of December to the 20th of December, I conducted a survey about food and invited all Secondary One students going to the School of Science and Technology next year to participate in my survey.

I wanted to find out whether the students preferred spicy foods, the type of cuisine they liked and the restaurant they enjoyed going to best.  Out of the 184 students invited, 43 students participated in my survey.  

The results are as follows:

Spicy foods

When asked whether they liked spicy foods, 51% of the participants responded ‘Yes’ while the other 49% of the participants responded ‘No’, as illustrated in the pie chart below.


Type of cuisine

When asked which type of cuisine they liked best, most of them preferred Japanese food, Chinese food or Western food.  This is shown in the pie chart below.

Favourite restaurant

When asked which restaurant they liked best, most of the participants responded that they liked McDonalds best, as demonstrated in the pie chart below.


Conclusion

In conclusion, slightly more than half of the participants liked to eat spicy foods, while the rest of the participants did not like to eat spicy foods.  Japanese Cuisine was the most popular cuisine among the participants.  McDonalds was the most popular restaurant among the participants.

Even though most of the participants chose Japanese cuisine as their favourite cuisine, most of the Japanese Cuisine lovers did not choose a Japanese restaurant when asked which restaurant they liked best, which is quite surprising.  Only one Japanese Cuisine lover chose a Japanese restaurant as her favourite restaurant.

Benefits of this survey

Overall, from this survey, I am able to conclude that opening a food stall selling Japanese Cuisine in the School of Science and Technology would be beneficial as Japanese Cuisine is the most popular cuisine, as shown through this survey.  Opening a burger and pancakes stall or a McDonalds food chain selling Healthier Choice burgers and pancakes in the School of Science and Technology may also reap benefits as McDonalds, which is the most popular restaurant in this survey, also sells burgers and pancakes.

Author of this Document: Yong E-Shean

Yong E-Shean